Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

The New U.S. Currency

Do you like the new style of U.S. Currency?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new style of U.S. Currency?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I don't care, they all spend the same way

Now that I've finally seen one in person I have to say the little yellow-green 20's on the back have to be the stupidest thing they have ever done with any of our money. It looks like a 3-year-old was turned loose with a stamp-pad. :lol: And what's with the borders that are supposed to be white being green? :P

I read some posts about debit cards earlier. Debit cards are nice, but sometimes, especially at places like McDonalds, a Debit Card is just an encumberance. if I come up and drop one of the new 20's for my Number 4, supersized and coke,the cashier can get change quickly, and send me on my merry way. if I have to wait for the Credit Card thing to work, then sign off on it..it takes about twice as long. However, if I had a speed pass...by the way, yes, I realise this thread is really old.

I like Canadian money for the same reason mentioned above, and if you've ever seen Canadian money its too detailed to ever be mistaken with monoply money. I also only use debit when I don't have enough cash out of respect to those behind me.

The people who make me wonder are the guys who use a CREDIT card to pay for a pack of gum. I mean, come on, it's a $1.07, you don't need to be paying 20% interest on it!

I don't really care one way or another about the new bills. If they cut down on counterfeits, more power to them.

The thing that ticked me off was the ad for them I saw on tv last night. Nice to see my tax dollars at work paying for useless tv advertising! GRRRRRRRR! :blush:

I picked; I don't care, they all spend the same way. But really, i wish they'd just quit all this temporary junk and use a plastic version already, save us a decade and several billion dollars. And i agree with ed, it's rediculous (like the fairly recent ads about medicare). There are some really stupid things govt spends money on these days, like the post office (hello, why are we making commercials for them when no one can compete with them anyways?!!!). Ok, well, that's my 2 cents worth (yup, yet another pun :lol: ).

The people who make me wonder are the guys who use a CREDIT card to pay for a pack of gum. I mean, come on, it's a $1.07, you don't need to be paying 20% interest on it!

Debit is your bankcard.

is it still green? the front looked like it had a bit less green.

It is still a green back. :lol:

um, no comment :lol: :lol:

As long as it spends like the old currency,those bills could be tyedye for all I care :lol:

I kind of like the new look,though.Its different.What I'd like to see is some new bills with pictures honoring some new people (not that I'm against those Presidents whose faces already grace the faces of our money).But,it should change ever so often.

Yeah, that would be cool but the thing about changing the pictures though would be who decides and how political would it be?

I can imagine a lot of political fights over the portraits. There actually has already been talk of changing the portrait of the $10 bill from Alexander Hamilton to Ronald Reagan (after he has passed away of course). I know that will cause a big political fight but I would be for it.

I heard that they wanted to change the dime first. I can't believe that the Republicans would even think about doing that to Franklin Delano Roosevelt and Alexander Hamilton. All New Yorkers must united!

Edited by Odie