I've never been happier to admit that I was dead wrong. :P I was expecting nothing from this movie. I probably wouldn't have gone to see it except Kelly wanted to go and Wil Wheaton's review of it was glowing (yes I'm a Wil Wheaton fan now too). It was amazing! I seriously don't have one single negative thing to say about it. I completely fell back in love with Star Trek tonight. So did the rest of the audience who broke into applause at the end.

Click for Spoiler:

I'm not going into big spoilers here. If you want to know, go see it. One thing though, and it's just a personal opinion. I've heard several people here and on blogs and other ST coms say they were hoping everything would be "fixed" at the end. I'm thrilled that it wasn't. In real life things don't always get wrapped up neatly and everything is perfect at the end. I love that things were still different at the end. I really hope they don't "fix" things in the next movie. It's past time for a change and I love the changes they made. I'm excited to see the new directions this could go.

I've never been happier to admit that I was dead wrong. :P I was expecting nothing from this movie. I probably wouldn't have gone to see it except Kelly wanted to go and Wil Wheaton's review of it was glowing (yes I'm a Wil Wheaton fan now too). It was amazing! I seriously don't have one single negative thing to say about it. I completely fell back in love with Star Trek tonight. So did the rest of the audience who broke into applause at the end.

Click for Spoiler:

I'm not going into big spoilers here. If you want to know, go see it. One thing though, and it's just a personal opinion. I've heard several people here and on blogs and other ST coms say they were hoping everything would be "fixed" at the end. I'm thrilled that it wasn't. In real life things don't always get wrapped up neatly and everything is perfect at the end. I love that things were still different at the end. I really hope they don't "fix" things in the next movie. It's past time for a change and I love the changes they made. I'm excited to see the new directions this could go.

Click for Spoiler:

You realize that Riker's grandfather was a crewman onboard the Kelvin and was killed before getting married and having any children, right? Riker is now erased...

I've never been happier to admit that I was dead wrong. :D I was expecting nothing from this movie. I probably wouldn't have gone to see it except Kelly wanted to go and Wil Wheaton's review of it was glowing (yes I'm a Wil Wheaton fan now too). It was amazing! I seriously don't have one single negative thing to say about it. I completely fell back in love with Star Trek tonight. So did the rest of the audience who broke into applause at the end.

Click for Spoiler:

Click for Spoiler:

You realize that Riker's grandfather was a crewman onboard the Kelvin and was killed before getting married and having any children, right? Riker is now erased...

Click for Spoiler:

Seriously? Well even if that's true I'm totally fine with it. It's all just fantasy and they did it awesome. If Riker's never born than cool, it's a new twist. I think this is exactly what Star Trek needed. I couldn't be more thrilled. :P

I've never been happier to admit that I was dead wrong. :D I was expecting nothing from this movie. I probably wouldn't have gone to see it except Kelly wanted to go and Wil Wheaton's review of it was glowing (yes I'm a Wil Wheaton fan now too). It was amazing! I seriously don't have one single negative thing to say about it. I completely fell back in love with Star Trek tonight. So did the rest of the audience who broke into applause at the end.

Click for Spoiler:

Click for Spoiler:

Click for Spoiler:

Seriously? Well even if that's true I'm totally fine with it. It's all just fantasy and they did it awesome. If Riker's never born than cool, it's a new twist. I think this is exactly what Star Trek needed. I couldn't be more thrilled. :P

No, I was kidding.

I wish I could say the same. It was a good movie, I'll go see it in IMAX but I'm not real thrilled or excited. Disappointed isn't the right word either though. I just think it could have been "more" than it was.

I wish I could say I'm going to see it in IMAX but frankly I'm not driving out to Tempe and dealing with Arizona Mills traffic to see it. I will be seeing it in regular theaters several more times. If I didn't need to get home and relieve mom from babysitting duties I would have seen it again tonight. I honestly was thinking I was going to hate it. I'm debating saying this is my new favorite Trek movie because I really have a soft spot for TVH, but this is close. I just completely loved it. And now Robert wants to see it because I loved it so much lol

Hooray! :D I am so happy to hear you are totally onboard with this new Trek, RC. Welcome to the bold new Trek! Woo Hoo! :P

I will probably see it again, but I don't think it is worth the extra money or distance to see it in IMAX. The Dark Knight sure, since some of the scenes were there specifically because they would look good in IMAX (and you could tell from the regular version what scenes would look good in IMAX) but the visuals in XI, while good for Trek, were so-so compared to other sci-fi films.

Edited by Lt. Van Roy

I've never been happier to admit that I was dead wrong. :superhappy: I was expecting nothing from this movie. I probably wouldn't have gone to see it except Kelly wanted to go and Wil Wheaton's review of it was glowing (yes I'm a Wil Wheaton fan now too). It was amazing! I seriously don't have one single negative thing to say about it. I completely fell back in love with Star Trek tonight. So did the rest of the audience who broke into applause at the end.

Click for Spoiler:

Click for Spoiler:

Click for Spoiler:

I thought I saw a dozen ships escaping Kelvin including James and his mother? Was Riker's Grandfather still on the ship or was he on one of the fleeing ships????? If so he could of survived right???

Click for Spoiler:

I thought I saw a dozen ships escaping Kelvin including James and his mother? Was Riker's Grandfather still on the ship or was he on one of the fleeing ships????? If so he could of survived right???

No, I was just teasing Mandy to momentarily make her think that Riker was never born. To the best of my memory Riker was never even mentioned in the movie.