Sign in to follow this  
TheUncannyJim

Wizard's Top 25 Greatest Sci-Fi Shows ever!

Wizard's Top 25 Sci-Fi shows  

14 members have voted

1. 1. TNG better than TOS?

• Of course!
    • I can see that...but too tough to call.
    • No way, Jose! Time to Vulcan nerve pinch this moron!

Jim from Wizard here...

So, we just posted or list of best sci-fi shows and it is getting a ton of conversation going on our forums, so I thought I'd jump on here and see what people thought.

Here's the list...

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/25greatestscfishowsever.html

So...TNG beats of TOS...I personally agree, and that is what the mag consensus was...but what do you folks think?

TNG is my personal favourite of all the series so I would have to agree. Can't say that I agree with Dr. Who being the best sci-fi series of all time though. There were times when that series was just too cheesy for words.

I can see some say that, but I don't agree. Nothing beats Kirk, Spock and McCoy

good to see that Smallville made the list :P

Edited by Stephen of Borg

Sorry, chums, and chumettes! This longtime Trekkie has to go for Jimmy T. and the gang..not that Jean-Luc and co. were not worthy carriers of the torch- this TOS fan was thrilled to learn, back in '86, that a new series was coming...and I never would question the popularity of TNG..one of the most successful as I have read, syndictaed tv series of all time...but, I loved seeing the second Enterprise(as we later found it to be) Go Boldly first...

TNG was more popular than TOS because it had bigger budgets but better? Sacrilege! You will all be thrown into the Pit of Despair for your lack of vision! :laugh:

Even with bigger budgets and fancy special effects TOS kicks TNG's butt.

I went and looked at the wizarduniverse site and looked at the list and I find a few things wrong with it.

1) A large percentage of the shows aren't science fiction in my opinion, Buffy The Vampire Slayer (a teen fantasy horror goth soap opera), Angel (see Buffy), The Dead Zone (goth soap opera), Dark Shadows (horror soap opera), Smallville (soap opera), Supernatural (goth soap opera) These shows are not science fiction.

2) I have to wonder why none of the 4 Irwin Allen science fiction series made the list.

3) If the list had been limited to actual science fiction a lot of the results would be different.

4) Dr Who the greatest science fiction show ever?? what were these people smoking?

Those are just my opinions take em' or leave em'

No, I don't believe TNG was 'better' than TOS. Different, and made in a different era but not better. As for 'Dr. Who', I've never seen a single episode in all my 40 years on this planet (as opposed to the other planets I've been on lol). When someone says "Dr Who" to me, I think of our member by that name.

I also greatly disagree with any list of "greatest" sci-fi shows that doesn't include all 5 series from the Star Trek franchise yet does include the likes of 'V' and a few of the others listed and also excludes 'Lost in Space' or 'Space 1999'.

Even with bigger budgets and fancy special effects TOS kicks TNG's butt.

I went and looked at the wizarduniverse site and looked at the list and I find a few things wrong with it.

1) A large percentage of the shows aren't science fiction in my opinion, Buffy The Vampire Slayer (a teen fantasy horror goth soap opera), Angel (see Buffy), The Dead Zone (goth soap opera), Dark Shadows (horror soap opera), Smallville (soap opera), Supernatural (goth soap opera) These shows are not science fiction.

2) I have to wonder why none of the 4 Irwin Allen science fiction series made the list.

3) If the list had been limited to actual science fiction a lot of the results would be different.

4) Dr Who the greatest science fiction show ever?? what were these people smoking?

Those are just my opinions take em' or leave em'

I agree with the above as well.