Anyone else seeing it today?

(In case you weren't aware, many theaters have early premier screenings today. (Call or check your theater website for details)

I take that back, I am really tempted to go to one of the early showings tonight since it is in my area. We'll see

Edited by Stephen of Borg

There will be a 7PM, 7:40PM and 9:50PM showing at my local movie theatre but alas: work occupies each showtime. However, I will be able to see it at the midnight showing.

That should be allot of fun.

If M didn't have to work tomorrow we'd go to a later showing as well, just so we could let our inner Trekkies out to play.

Anyone else seeing it today?

(In case you weren't aware, many theaters have early premier screenings today. (Call or check your theater website for details)

Thanks for the heads up, I wasn't aware of this but now I hold my tickets in my hand for a 7:00 pm (eastern) show. I'm taking my mother, she used to like Star Trek back in the 60's and always liked TNG.

Saw it yesterday in Iowa City. Special showing for Kirk's Birthplace (Riverside itself doesn't have a theatre.)

I'm going tomorrow 8.20pm GMT. Could of seen it today or yesterday, but waiting to see it with my boyfriend who is visiting for the weekend.

Seeing it tonight. Just about every theatre in the southern Bay Area is showing it tonight.

Why does Alterego have the Burger King king as his avitar?

That's not Burger King, it's a Kingon (you have to see the BK commercial to get it lol)

Just saw it at a huge theatre whith a rather small crowd.

My theatre wasn't full but 75 to 100 people for the first showing of the night.

I went to the 9pm showing last night which was not the first showing for the local theater. There were probably about 50 to 75 people in the theater with me. Part of this is because I did not spring for the IMAX version of the movie which is what most people in my area go to see because it has a much bigger screen and alot better quality. I did find out that both of the IMAX showings for the day had been sold out.

Saw it on the first day in the UK and I have to say - wow! A much better attempt than the more recent films, and a damn sight better edited.

I admit that (with the exception of TNG) Star Trek has always been about Kirk and Co. From DS9 onwards I felt that Star Trek had become a bit of a soap opera and lost some of the action and adventure that made it such a success. I was unsure what to expect when I sat in my seat at the cinema and expectations were low, but what I saw was easily the best Star Trek for a long while.