Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Do you watch "Stargate SG-1"?

Do you watch "Stargate SG-1"?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do you watch "Stargate SG-1"?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

I like Stargate and I watch it when I happen to come across it on the Sci Fi channel..I voted sometimes since I'm not a regular watcher of the show..But I do think it is a very good Sci Fi show..It just can't ever be as good as Enterprise or any other Trek show..But that is only my opinion..

With me, Trek & SG-1 are tied.  Only reason why I like SG-1 more than ENT is becuase it's more developed. :)

Ther rapport between the characters is the best I've ever seen in any show. They also do a better job of representing women. And I love the addition of humor.

I'd have to say it is better than ENT

I must admit I have never seen it :)

I only saw the Stargate movie, but that was a long time ago.

Mrs. Captain Picard

Stardate:213784.4

I have seen a few episodes here and there and from what i have seen i liked.Its one of a few shows that i have been meaning to watch more of but havent :)

It is one show that I wish I watched more often. I tend to only catch it in snitch and snatches. Good storylines, great characters, great lines with subtle and not so subtle ST references.

Good fun! :)

I do watch every episode of Stargate. It is my second choice after ST

Me too, I love the show :)

I've only seen the first two episodes and that was about 4 or 5 months ago on the Sci-Fi channel. I really liked the movie but the TV show just never caught my attention like the movie did. To me, the TV characters were trying too hard to be like the movie characters. If the actors had been the same in the TV show that were in the movie I think it would have come off better.

It looked like it was a good show, and must be to have lasted as long as it has but it just isn't a show that I "can't miss" like Enterprise is.

I Love Stargate SG-1

I Like Trek Better As An Over All Franchise, But I Like SG-1 Better Than ENT.

I Got The SG Movie Too

Daniel-"We Were Hoping You Could Just..Beam Them Up."

Jacob-"Beam Them Up? Who Am I, Scotty?"

I originally started off watching the entire first season. I don't know why but I think it was changed to a different time slot and I stopped watching it. Recently I have been catching the rerun on Scifi channel. It's a great show. There are some episodes that scream Trek. It's almost trek without enterprise with an aliens ruled earth twist. Great show.

I've only seen the first two episodes and that was about 4 or 5 months ago on the Sci-Fi channel. I really liked the movie but the TV show just never caught my attention like the movie did. To me, the TV characters were trying too hard to be like the movie characters. If the actors had been the same in the TV show that were in the movie I think it would have come off better.

It looked like it was a good show, and must be to have lasted as long as it has but it just isn't a show that I "can't miss" like Enterprise is.

VBG, durring the first season, they tried to keep SG-1 O'Neill and Jackson close to the movie version of their characters as the pilot is almost like a sequal, set a year after the events of the movie. Try episodes later on in Season 1 or in later seasons and see if you like it. If you'd like, I could recommend a few episodes for downloading. :lol:

I have seen some shows and I do like it but when it came out orignaly it was on showtime and I did not have that chanel so I could not watch it I would love to watch it from the start then I think I would really like it but when I watch a show now I am so lost it is deffently a show that has to be watched from the start to really be good.

I love Stargate SG1 it has great story lines and doesn't take itself to seriously. After all things Star Trek it's my next favourite series Richard Dean Anderson rocks. lol :laugh:

I love SG-1. I'm currently trying to catch up and I'm in the middle of watching season three. I've seen every episode up to season three and I love it. It has some of the best character interaction I have ever seen and the stories are great!

Sometimes. If I catch it when it's on then I'll watch it, but I'm not a HARDCORE fan... *looks at signature* What a good show B)

I've Watched StarGate SG-1 since it first aired on Global oh also watched it on NBC Saturday nights as well the time when Corin Nemec (Jonas Quinn) joined the show (then the rest of the time till year 9 on "Space") and whenever I'm in the USA and see SCI-Fi I also watch it there also.

B) :borg2::spock: B)

Edited by LoveMalePecs1

I missed this thread which started before I was a member here. I love SG1. I loved and own the movie and have watched the Show since it premiered. It was a bit of an adjustment to have different characters from the movie in the show at first, but only briefly for me. I enjoy the stories, the relationships between the characters and the humor, including not taking itself seriously every second, plus the Star Trek references!

SG1 has lasted longer than any of the Trek series, which imo is quite an acomplishment, plus has spawned a spinoff Stargate Atlantis, which seems to be building its own fanbase. I appreciate the fact that reruns have been shown so one can see episodes again or see episodes one has missed. Such reruns imo are factors in keeping and enlarging the fanbase.

If you haven't watched the series I would encourage you to give it a try!

I truly tried to like Stargate. But I've never been able to stay awake through an entire episode. I really don't see what the fuss is all about although I do understand that I am in the minority.

every day of the week. i'm lucky in that i have sci fi channel. and two local channels that run it in syndication. so there isn't a day without it. my fave character is daniel jackson. it's tied with trek for me. i try not to miss either when their on. i own stuff related to the shows. i check both stargate and trek sites everyday.

i especially like it when a trek alum is on.

tm

I have just finished season three and I'm starting to watch season four today.

Season 6 starts on Sci-fi channel tonight, so I plan to start watching that as well. I have also bought season 7. So when I finish watching all of these I will have seen seasons

can't wait! Then I'll only have seasons 5,8,9 to watch after that.

Edited by Gamera

I like stargate and as soon as i have finished off my Enterprise collection (season 4 to go) ill start buying Stargate DVD's once every 2 months with TNG or Voy in between.