Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

TNG Caption Contest #7 - Voting

Vote for your favourite  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite caption:

• "Your kidding, right? This little thing does that?"
    • Worf: ""I must have a little talk with Mr. Barclay... but not tonight."
    • ''If I ever get these accursed devices working, I will have a little talk with Captain Picard about banning Data from the holodeck-FOREVER!!!!"
    • ''Hey, handsome....you look an awful lot like Sheriff Matt Dillon in that hat...''
    • Worf: No they are not Rocky Mountain Oysters.
    • Hologram: "Hey big boy, want a good time tonight?" Worf: "You are a hologram....no matter how big you're breasts are....i must fix this accursed nav HablI'!
    • "Mock me all you want. I was told that all the warriors were wearing these nowadays!"
    • It was Worf's first time at a Gay Bar; and the drag queen's ear-rings were the most fabulous he had ever seen!
    • "ooh sheriff, is that a sixgun in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?" "Miss I am trying to play this poker game and you are disturbing my concentration"
    • WORF: "Mr Data - I think I need Retinax 5..."
    • "why don't you put that down and i'll polish your...'gun' for ya hun?"
    • "Wow, you'd never think that THESE are your real teeth!"
    • Worf: "I need to get the frak out of here. Work darn thing, work..."
    • Worf: "And when I turn this little knob, the communicator starts to..." Annie: "Oh, my!"

Vote for your favourite entry:

CaptionContest7.jpg

Voting will close at 11:59 p.m. Central Time (18:59 GMT) on May 17, 2009.

A reminder that only one vote per member is allowed and that one member with multiple screen names is still one member!

Also, please do not identify the authors of the captions. I want this to be a blind vote which is why you can't see the submission thread at the moment. I will return it after voting has concluded.

Is there a way to limit the number of entries in future contests? 14 is a lot to choose from, and you know that many people are going to vote for their own entries anyway. Those who make entries early are also at a disadvantage because their entries are no longer fresh when it is time to vote. We could end up with a 14-way tie, and then what?

The only time I vote is if there is a tie so there will always be a winning entry. I haven't had to break a tie yet. Having said that though, there hasn't been a lot of interest in voting the last couple of contests. IIRC, last contest there were only 8 votes cast altogether so a number of people who have entered aren't voting for themself or anyone else. If members want, I could go back to choosing three finalists from the entries with members then voting.