Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

T'Pol. Like or Dislike and Why?

T'Pol. Like or Dislike and Why?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. T'Pol. Like or Dislike and Why?

• Yes, I like T'pol because...
    • No, I dislike T'Pol because...
    • I'm still not sure, call me a fence sitter about this.

I like her, she is loyal to her captain and shares her knowlegde to the crew - not in the first place, but now she is a intregrated member of the crew.

I like T'Pol, with her being on the Enterprise and coming in with the hostility that she did we are now seeing how the Vulcan/Human relationship is growing stronger.

TPTB are toying with a hinted relationship with Trip' but I don't think anything will come of that. I think it's more important for Vulcans and Humans to begin to respect eachother and that's what's happening with T'Pol.

im on the fence. most of the time i really like her character and she is getting alot easier to stand in season 3, but sometimes she just makes me mad. those darn vulcans. why must they be so difficult? lol.

I like T'Pol now..In the beginning I wasn't crazy about her or any of the Vulcans..There just seemed to be too much hostility..Now T'Pol is learning to work with and interact with the humans on Enterprise..Sure Archer had to push her to mingle during movie night and such..But I think T'Pol has come a long way in her interaction with her crewmates..Of course they still have a long way to go..I think what sold me on the character of T'Pol is when she spoke up for Enterprise and Archer against the rest of the Vulcans after Shockwave..The Vulcans wanted to ground Enterprise..That is just one example of how T'Pol 'feels' about the crew of Enterprise..I know feel isn't the right word when talking about Vulcans..T'Pol did choose to go with Enterprise into the Expanse..She didn't have to do that..

Edited by spacetigger

Okay, I'm repeating stuff from other posts.

No I don't like her; although her personality is becoming more tolerable but I still say they should have kept her a Vulcan and used another species for the sexy stuff. By making her a romantic interest they're going to have to eliminate everything that makes Vulcans Vulcan from her character.

She's not much of a science officer either. At least Mr. Spock showed some interest in science.

I'm not happy with how they're developing her character; way too much of the damsel in distress this season - too weak.

Of all the characters on Enterprise Trip would be least compatible with her because he is the most emotional. I could see Archer or even Reid whose expression is often as dour as T'Pols. **And this is what bothers me the most - the assumption that good looking bodies are all it takes to make a relationship** In the real world personality, temperament, attitudes - in other words compatibility do matter. I guess, unless the only time you're together is in bed. The more they're together the less I like Trip.

If they weren't trying to pair her up with Trip I might actually learn to like her as a character.

Yes, I like T'pol because... of her logical nature, her self control, her scientific values, that she's Vulcan :) , among other reasons.

While I dislike her Seasons 1&2 "brown suit", her Season 3 outfits look functional and stylish.

Anywho, I dunno. Her character just flows with the cast.

Stardate:213781.9

At first i didnt like T'Pol.I thought she was an arogant self absorbed (I'm trying to say a bad word but can't)!!!!But now things are different.She is still a little arogant but she's vulcan so i have to accept that i guess :) What really got my convinced on her was om Impulse when she was willing to sacrifce herself for Enterprise.That was cool.

Plus as KM said she is hellah hot!!!!!

I like her because she's very, very forgiving considering the fact that Archer and Trip haven't always treated her well. She's strong--picking herself back up and functioning after she was mentally assaulted by Tolaris and tortured by Silik in "Shockwave II." Courageous lady.

Now T'Pol is learning to work with and interact with the humans on Enterprise

I think this was the plan that TPTB had all along. To show that journey the Vulcans and Humans had to make in order to reach the level of trust and friendship that we know they reach by the time of TOS.

It's like from Cease Fire when Soval accuses T'Pol of being contaminated by the humans emotions, T'Pol has to point out to him that she has grown to respect Archer and that just because he has earned her respect doesn't mean that she's been contaminated by human emotions.

By making her a romantic interest they're going to have to eliminate everything that makes Vulcans Vulcan from her character.

I'm not happy with how they're developing her character; way too much of the damsel in distress this season - too weak.

Of all the characters on Enterprise Trip would be least compatible with her because he is the most emotional.  I could see Archer or even Reid whose expression is often as dour as T'Pols. 

I agree !!! :)

By making her a romantic interest they're going to have to eliminate everything that makes Vulcans Vulcan from her character.

Of all the characters on Enterprise Trip would be least compatible with her because he is the most emotional.  I could see Archer or even Reid whose expression is often as dour as T'Pols. 

I agree !!! :)

I think the romantic implications only flow one way in this though. Trip has, or will have some romantic feelings for T'Pol but she won't have the same feelings. I believe it is playing out pretty well actually. I can see the stirrings of emotion in Trip for T'Pol, though he's likely never admit it. And I can see in T'Pol a certain unawareness of the building feelings. She seems dismissive of the whole thing as illogical. After all, Trip is only there in her quarters for massage therapy (or whatever it is called).

Lets not forget also that Vulcans do have emotions and have been known to express their emotions from time to time. Even Sarek married a human, so a relationship with Trip and T'Pol would be consistent with Star Trek's history.

That's the thing. It wouldn't be inconsistent with Vulcan history (to come) considering Sarek. I find it fascinating that many folks wouldn't even consider the possibility with T'Pol and Archer, but with Trip it's like, "Oh, I don't know....maybe....Sarek married a human.....it is possible....maybe a one sided romance....."

With Trip, it seems at least possible. :clap: I don't envision a sappy romance with picnic baskets, but something bittersweet that doesn't have a happy ending perhaps. Starcrossed. Doomed, perhaps but delicious as all get out to watch. Longing. Longing is gooooooooood. B) :) :)

T'Pol doesn't feel that she can pursue it, but the audience can see that she would like to given different circumstances. My point is that I can envision a way to write the story without 'impugning" her Vulcan character. Maybe it's just the inherent sexuality of the two actors involved. They're not sleazy but you must admit that there's this incredible, tactile, sensuality to both of them that puts people in mind of romance and sex. :bow: That vibe simply didn't exist between her and Archer--not from my perspective. They didn't have "it."

Or perhaps he should end up telling her one day that he loves her like he loved Elizabeth. I can envision that scenario being incredibly heartfelt and touching in and of itself. The writers really could go either way and it would work. That fascinates me.

Edited by MoulinRouge

I like T'Pol because she has grown as a character. Having gone from looking down on humanity to resigning her position in order to continue to aid humanity by way of her position on Enterprise.

YEs i like T'pol 1 because she is so HOT the other is she is so cold and mysterious on the outside but deep down she is a hotty in side to

I agree with that :)

I like T'Pol to a degree. I'm not sure. She breaks away from the Vulcan ideals for one. But it is better than at the start of the show when the writers went out of their way to make her a cold-hearted wench (hows that for my first post)

I love Enterprise,and T'Pol has always been one of my favorite characters.She has shown us what early Vulcans were like,and has been making the transition towards the typical Vucan we are more familiar with from the first 4 series',right in front of our eyes.I find that very interesting.I am also a fan of her and Trip's little flirtation that has been going on.

I like T'Pol because she is so loyal to the Enterprise crew. She will side with her superior officer because she trusts his judgement and she values Capt. Archer's opinion. She will not side with another Vulcan because he or she is of the same species. T'Pol values Capt. Archer as a person and a friend. She will always side with the Enterprise crew no matter what happens. :force:

This is why I like her. I like the character a lot. She is someone that I would like to have on my team during any situation. :bow:

As you watch later episodes, one can tell that T'Pol is now beginning to fit in with the crew of the Enterprise. They treat her as one of their own; they never want to leave her behind on away missions. She is loyal and logical in every way that counts. If I had to work with alien species, I would like to work with a Vulcan like T'Pol. I would trust her or anyone like her with my life anytime. :bow::bow:

I'm a fence sitter. I really did not like her in the first to seasons because I thought she had a superiority complex. Plus I think that she is too emotional even for a young Vulcan. A romance between T'pol and any of the human crew members would permanently peg her as Enterprise's sex pot (she's that already). The writers also need to stop making her strip every other few episodes. I aggree tha tin the past few eps T'pol has seemed sort of weak. Aren't Vulcans supposed to be 3 time stronger than humans physically? They need to stop making her into a human with pointy ears.

I voted on the fence about this one ENT is only in

its first season here in holland,but so far shes not

what i expected from a vulcan.

Well i don't like her. For one her character has no dimention to it.She basiclly is there for eye-candy.She is not like any vulcan i have ever seen (the producers fault i am sure) She does nothing execpt stand there and controdict the captian (in the early seasons ) or Make googly eyes at Tripp(is it Tripp i can't keep up with the characters) What trek needs is less sexuality and more story..Give the characters definition..I want to know more about Hoshi ,Merrywether,Porthos and the rest..

:bow:

Well i don't like her. For one her character has no dimention to it.She basiclly is there for eye-candy.She is not like any vulcan i have ever seen (the producers fault i am sure) She does nothing execpt stand there and controdict the captian (in the early seasons ) or Make googly eyes at Tripp(is it Tripp i can't keep up with the characters) What trek needs is less sexuality and more story..Give the characters definition..I want to know more about Hoshi ,Merrywether,Porthos and the rest..

I pretty much tend to agree with you. I think this kind of follows up and what was discussed in the look-ism thread. Since she is attractive - other positive qualities are automatically attributed to her. However, I have not seen her really demonstrate any of those qualities.

Spock, as a science officer, actually showed an interest in science. Sometimes I sense she respects Archer but sometimes I still detect condescencion. As for Trip, she may be hot for his body but I sense she doesn't really like him - she barely hides her contempt at times....and that does bother me.

The scene where she told Sim "she wasn't uncomfortable" was about the only scene where she showed any real depth. She is more sensible than Trip regarding experimentation protocols - but almost anybody would be.

Good gracious I wouldn't want to go on an away mission with her. She'd be too quick to decide it was logical to leave someone behind.

I Like T'pol becouse she has the most, :

A / Nices breast off all the woman in Startrek,

B / The Hottest Lips

C / most nices curved bottom

D / the most beatifull Eyes

E / ALL OFF THE ABOVE

.................................................................................................................

effe lekker seven beffe

T'Pol is one of those characters that makes me go, hmmm, and have absolutely no reason why. She has no loyalty to her own people. Leaves them for Humans. If I was a Vulcan, I would be miffed!

T'Pol Rules

:bow: B) :bow:

................................................................................................

"gelieve tijdens het beffen niet hard blazen" ;)