Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Patrick Stewart Unleashes Foul-Mouthed Tirade On Fan

Patrick Stewart Unleashes Foul-Mouthed Tirade On Fan

Patrick Stewart launched into a foulmouthed tirade after a stage performance in Scotland where a man took a picture of him. Scotland's Daily Record dishes that the former Picard confronted the man outside the venue while signing autographs, calling him expletives while chastising him for snapping a pic. Hey, at least he didn't pull a Patti Lupone while still onstage. (April 17)

Bad hair day?

If the fan took a picture using a flash during a stage performance he deserved it. Besides distracting the actor using a flash during a stage performance is rude to the rest of the audience. How about finding out if that is the case before calling Stewart names?

If the fan took a picture using a flash during a stage performance he deserved it. Besides distracting the actor using a flash during a stage performance is rude to the rest of the audience. How about finding out if that is the case before calling Stewart names?

Yeah, apparently this guy took a picture with what is described as a big camera, during the performance. I think there may also be some exaggeration with the whole 'foul-mouthed tirade thing'.

This is the most I could find in terms of a direct quote was this "Are you the a**hole who was sitting at the front tonight? You know, what I really want to know is how you can sleep at night? I really hope you're pleased with yourself."

Really not that bad.

Very similar to the whole Christian Bale thing. It seems bad on the surface (and isn't exactly a good thing) but looking at the reality of the situation, it's understandable.

I agree that taking a flash picture during a play is rude and disturbing to the audience. It is also usually forbidden by the theater and the company. Worse, it is distracting and could, in the worst case, potentially lead to someone on stage who is moving to possibly fall and injure themselves.

I'm on Patrick Stewart's side regarding this matter. People today just have no concept of proper theatre etiquette.

Mod Note: Please stay on topic. If anyone has any questions about what words can or cannot be used at STF, please use the Guardian of Forever forum to post a question or contact admin or a mod.

I love Patrick. I think he was just really irked and called someone a nasty name or two and then went on his way. Happens to the best of us.

It'd be nice if people posting these things could post all the info for us to make a decision on instead of just the inflammatory parts, Kor. :b-day:

WHOLE Article

Seems the photographer in question wasn't the only "snapper" during the play and his shot was, according to the story, taken at the encore.

Imo the theater isn't without blame here, if there is a no pictures policy then they are obliged to enforce it.

It'd be nice if people posting these things could post all the info for us to make a decision on instead of just the inflammatory parts, Kor. :b-day:

Excuse me, but weren't you the one who called Patrick Stewart an asshole?

I read the article. The actors and theatre have a point, if no flash photography is the rule then it must be enforced, but it certainly didn't paint Stewart in a positive light.

Edited by Lt. Van Roy

The limited info Kor posted on the subject painted Stewart in a negitive light and I my response was to that limited information in his post.

Kor could/should have told the whole story and/or posted a link and this would have been avoided.

The limited info Kor posted on the subject painted Stewart in a negitive light and I my response was to that limited information in his post.

Kor could/should have told the whole story and/or posted a link and this would have been avoided.

Thats not fair..... :b-day: I copied the entire article that I read. I didn't just pick out parts. I shouldn't be accused of doing so without even being asked! That was the whole thing. If there is a more complete article, I wish someone would post it........

Thats not fair..... :b-day: I copied the entire article that I read. I didn't just pick out parts. I shouldn't be accused of doing so without even being asked! That was the whole thing. If there is a more complete article, I wish someone would post it........

I agree with you Kor. Alterego could have done something called "research" and look for another story related to this. AE, Kor has always posted full articles, and not edited it. Besides, you were the one that used the word "asshole".

I did, it's one page one. You must have seen and chose to ignore it. Mind showing the link to your "entire article"?

Wait, guys.

Maybe I can shed some light on this.

There were indeed a few short articles that blissfully ignored the whole story and simply went on a 'Stewart screams at fan ZOMG' rampage... nothing new here, I'm sad to say. It's the news you should blame in this case IMO.

There were articles with the entire story that, after all, does not sound so bad and is also very, very understandable, especially if someone is aware of how important his theater work is to Mr. Stewart.

But there were a few articles that left out detailed information and were simply written in a style that was intended to make Mr. Stewart look bad/appear like a lunatic who simply ran up to a fan and screamed at him in rage for a minor reason.

Edited by Mrs.Picard

I did, it's one page one. You must have seen and chose to ignore it. Mind showing the link to your "entire article"?

I would give you the link but the article was on AOL and its gone now. Are you implying that I'm lying? I've posted hundreds of articles in the past. Show me one instance where I've shortened one or just posted bits of one. My history speaks for itself. I shouldn't have to defend myself here. Besides, who really cares about this article anyway? I sure don't. I just thought it was funny.

Edited by Kor37

I still like Patrick.

Has anyone ever seen Tiger Woods go off when someone takes his picture while he's trying to make a shot?

It's far worse than this.

I would give you the link but the article was on AOL and its gone now. Are you implying that I'm lying? I've posted hundreds of articles in the past. Show me one instance where I've shortened one or just posted bits of one. My history speaks for itself. I shouldn't have to defend myself here. Besides, who really cares about this article anyway? I sure don't. I just thought it was funny.

I really don't care about it either, I am willing to let the whole thing go as a misunderstanding if you are.

I really don't care about it either, I am willing to let the whole thing go as a misunderstanding if you are.

You don't care, yet you call a member here a lier... You flat out said that Kor was editing the article to suit his needs, then when others support him with facts, you claim that you don't care and think it's a misunderstanding. :clap:

Actually, this incident did portray Stewart in a good light.

A bright, flashy light that was so good he lost his sight. :b-day:

well stewart does have the right to do and say what he did. i mean, no actor likes it when someone takes a picturee with the flash setting on. it throws them off completely. i learned that much when some knucklehead took pictures during "wicked" here in chicago.