Airdate: Oct. 27, 1973

Stardate: 1254.4

Mtu06.jpg

Guest Characters:

Lucien James Doohan

Asmodeus Ed Bishop

Megan voice George Takei

Mtu08.jpg

This episode's author, Larry Brody, also wrote the story for the STAR TREK: Voyager episode "Tattoo".

Ed Bishop provided the voice for Asmodeus the Megan prosecutor in this episode. Ed Bishop is best known for playing Commander Ed Straker on the television series UFO. (1969-70).

Mtu03.jpg

This show was controversial in that it dealt with witchcraft and Satan was portrayed as a benevolent character. In one scene, Sulu conjured up a beautiful woman and was about to embrace her when she turned into Lucifer! Calling all censors!

Mtu04.jpg

:P

A truly bizarre episode.I was never sure what the writer was trying to say with this story,and its satanic overtones.Whatever it was,I didn't really like it,and as such this is my least favorite animated story.I'm surprised it evan made it onto the air,back in '71 (or whenever it was produced and aired).Which doesn't mean I am against showing it,just that I'm amazed that it would have been green-lighted in that day and time.

This episode,IMO,was for the animated series what "Spock's Brain" was for TOS...

a throwaway episode,that I'd just as soon forget. :P