Sign in to follow this  
Tank

How Many Times?

How many times did you see Nemesis in the Theater?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. How many times did you see Nemesis in the Theater?

• 1 time
    • 2 times
    • 3 times
    • 4 times
    • 5 times
    • 6-10 times
    • 11-15 times
    • 16-25 times
    • more than 25 times

With all of the talk about how well Nemesis did at the box office and how the "fans" weren't going out to see it, I want to see how many times you ladies and gents made it out. Please check the poll for how many times you saw it and then feel free to give your thoughts about the movie as a whole and how it compared to other Trek films.

I made it out to see Nemesis 4 times which is the most I've seen any Star Trek movie in the theater. I only saw Insurrection 1 time, First Contact 2 times, Generations twice, The Undisoverd Country 2 times, The Final Frontier once, The Voyager Home once, and I also saw the Wrath of Khan one time but it was at a midnight showing in 1997. I think Nemesis was hands down the best of the TNG movies.

I saw it once B) ! I really wanted to see it a few more times, but, with gas prices, ticket prices and the 45 minute trip to get to the theater...it would have been a pain! I wish our local theater had the film...but, those evil people seemed almost proud and pleased NOT to have shown it :wow: ! I loved the movie and can't wait for the DVD, where I am going to watch pretty much the enitre movie over and over again(I may skip the end some of the times, though)!

Guest Ktrek

My wife and I saw it only once. I have traditionally saw every Trek film twice before they leave the theater but we just never got back around to it. Also, now having a large screen TV and a DVD player it's not so pressing an issue with me when I have home theater. Nothing like the confort of ones home I always say! :wow:

Ktrek

I saw it 2 times once with my dad and then with with my brother, grandma and grandpa... although the 2nd time I saw it it was pure luck I was there to see a different movie with my grandparents that they had stopped showing the day before.. B)

all hail Bev!! :wow:

Only once....I only just see movies once on the big Screen..usually

I saw These Twcie

Insurrection (because the prjector frelled up the first time)

Spider-Man

Attack Of The Clones

LOL

“more than 25 times”

I hope the person who picked that one was joking LOL

(For myself I only seen in once)

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I am ashamed to say I only saw it six times, because I wanted to set the record, but a family member was in the hospital and that's about what it would take for me to not go see it.

My thoughts about the movie as a whole would take too long so I'll have to summarize. Basically, it is my favorite because I can relate to Shinzon (sounds weird but it's true).

I just liked the idea behind the movie, about Shizon being a clone of Picard and how the two of them had the same potential and yet went in such different directions, because of the people and circumstances in their lives. I guess it kind of made me think about how much we shape each others lives and the many different paths we can take. Shinzon was not born evil; he was turned evil by his circumstances. Normally, I do not prefer corny or obvious or happy endings per say (a lot of times, it depends what mood I'm in), but at the end I would have preferred for Picard's final speech to Shinzon to have persuaded Shinzon to realize that he could be more. That he did not have to be afraid or angry anymore. They still could have killed him in the end, but I would have rather seen him throw himself into the thalaron beam to stop it from destroying the one man that had shown him what he could have been.

Sorry, I said I would summarize and I got carried away. I cannot help it when it comes to Nemesis.

Shinzonfan :wow:

The first time I saw the movie I was completely depressed. I didn't seem to get it, or ENJOY it! Which is really disappointing because I had been waiting for its release for many months.

I decided to give the movie another go and loved it. THE REASON - I had the whole cinema to myself- no chip packets opening, heads in the way and the film didn't crackle and pop all of the time.

By the way, I try to see each movie twice.

I am ashamed to say I only saw it six times

only six times?? lol. i only saw it once, i wanted to go twice but i didnt want to go alone and my friends didnt want to see it again.

Six times?! I wish I could have seen it more than once! Darn that stupid local theater for not having the film, making it so I had to drive that distance!!! Man, I cannot wait until next month!! I want to get my DVD!!!!

I'll fess up. I'm the one who voted more than 25 but I'm not going to say how many (I lost count). I was off work for medical reasons and it gave me a reason to get out of bed and get out of the house. I've been practically chained to my house since it left the theatres. I think the darkness of the movie really connected with my mood at the time.

You are lucky to have seen it that many times Takara!

I agree. I certainly wouldn't have gone if I hadn't loved it. It was one of those movies that the more you saw it the better it got.

Yes, I think that would be the case! Now....why can't May 20th hurry up so I can go get the DVD!?!?!?!?! The wait is driving me crazy! Wait, I already am! :) :) :)

What throw tomatoes at you??? No way, you have the right to say that you didn't like the movie after all!

Oh cool. I'm not used to such a friendly board. laughing-smiley-001.gif You guys rock!

What throw tomatoes at you??? No way, you have the right to say that you didn't like the movie after all!

Oh cool. I'm not used to such a friendly board. laughing-smiley-001.gif You guys rock!

Isn't that sad that people are surprised about a friendly board. :wow: I'm glad we have all found refuge here. :wow:

I am sooo looking forward to the Nemesis DVD coming out. Only a month and a half to go!!

Isn't that sad that people are surprised about a friendly board. :wow: I'm glad we have all found refuge here. :wow:

I am sooo looking forward to the Nemesis DVD coming out. Only a month and a half to go!!

Yes, and the wait is starting to be irritating! May 20 seems way too far away? Makes me wonder if it will be out on PPV TV first??

I only got to see it once, only got my girl friend out once to it (she isn't big on ST) hehe.

As for my thoughts.

There were a lot of things I liked, and things I didn't like.

Like:

The ship battles were some of the best and most realistic (figuretively speaking)

Shinzon was acted very well in my opinion

A lot of memorable one-liners

Riker and Troi getting married

Good action scenes, even if some were pointless

Worf finally acknowleding that Romulans fought with honor

Dislike:

Data dying... horrible decision

needed more romulans

a little too non-TNG at times as far as writing (nit picking I guess)

some stupid things like Worf never mentioning anything about Riker and Troi getting married and Wesley showing up for 2 minutes without any lines (wasn't he supposed to be with the the traveller?)

a little drawn out at times

Overall I did really enjoy it and ranks up there with the better Strek movies, much better than Insurrection for example, however, if this is the last TNG movie and if Data is not brought back somehow, I will be very, very displeased :wow:

I agree with what you are saying about Nemesis ~Crims~!

especially the non-Trek part. They were trying to make this movie more accesible for Non-Trek people, and that just didn't work. We didn't need little hints on who was who and what was what, since more than 90% of the moviegoers were trek fans!!!

some stupid things like Worf never mentioning anything about Riker and Troi getting married and Wesley showing up for 2 minutes without any lines (wasn't he supposed to be with the the traveller?)

I don't think the writing was non-TNG. John Logan was a huge TNG (and TOS) fan - a self-described Trekkie. He shot down many ideas when the story was being conceived because it would have gone against this episode or that.

I don't think it would have been appropriate for Worf to comment about Riker and Troi getting married. He and Deanna were only together for a few months before he transferred to DS9. Since then he was married and widowed. They both had moved on.

As for Wesley, much of that ended up on the cutting room floor. He did leave with the traveller in Journey's End but a lot of time has gone by since then so I don't think it is too much of a stretch to accept that Wes came back and finished up at the Academy.

I don't think the writing was non-TNG. John Logan was a huge TNG (and TOS) fan - a self-described Trekkie. He shot down many ideas when the story was being conceived because it would have gone against this episode or that.

I don't think it would have been appropriate for Worf to comment about Riker and Troi getting married. He and Deanna were only together for a few months before he transferred to DS9. Since then he was married and widowed. They both had moved on.

As for Wesley, much of that ended up on the cutting room floor. He did leave with the traveller in Journey's End but a lot of time has gone by since then so I don't think it is too much of a stretch to accept that Wes came back and finished up at the Academy.

Well, I guess I was mistaken in his meaning behind Non-Trek. I was taking it to mean that the other films, as well as this one tries to appeal to both Trek and Non-Trek fans. You know where they have to go back and give the newbies a quick run down on specifics of characters and scenarios.

But, if he truly meant that it was non-trek written, meaning not written to be a trek movie then in that case I do not agree, since Nemesis was most assuredly written as Trek!

Only saw it once since it didn't play very long here in Sweden, at first it wasn't supposed to show at all, but a little protest from us Trek fans made it possible..

One of the best movies of them all! Great battle and Shinzon was perfect!

Twice.

We would have seen it more times but even though we were at an eight dollar a pop theater the sound was CRAP so we gave up, deciding to wait for DVD release.

Well, I guess I was mistaken in his meaning behind Non-Trek. I was taking it to mean that the other films, as well as this one tries to appeal to both Trek and Non-Trek fans. You know where they have to go back and give the newbies a quick run down on specifics of characters and scenarios.

But, if he truly meant that it was non-trek written, meaning not written to be a trek movie then in that case I do not agree, since Nemesis was most assuredly written as Trek!

no you were right. They did a lot of things in it to try and appeal to non-trek fans that ended up making us trekkies (at least some of us) shake our head. :wow:

I seen it twice. once at theatres, and once on a flight to California. i was shocked at the movie choice for inflight movie. But it gave me a chance to see it again, and appreciate it a little more. i was a little disapointed in the movie since i think that the movies should progressively get better, and i dont think that was the case. my favorite tng movie is FIRST CONTACT. but this was definately second best of the tng crew. i did enjoy shinzon, and his warbird. real cool. the ideas were there, but i dont think they pulled it all together the way they could've and should've. but thats one mans opinion. also of course ill be buying it on DVD when it comes out. i got my big screen and my surround sound. better than the theatres to a point. just not as big a screen. someday lol.