Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

STF Mentioned In Urban Dictionary Entry

I was bored so i looked up what people thought was the definition of "Trekkie" on the Urban Dictionary. I noticed an entry made in '03 said

Anyone that has ever video taped more then 10 episodes of Star Trek for viewing at a later time or belongs to a Star Trek internet message board (STARTREKFANS.NET for example). You know you are a Trekkie when you tape more then 10 episodes and post messages on (or are a moderator) STARTREKFANS.NET

Just thought it fascinating that somone actually mentioned this site there, possibly a member from here?

Very interesting. Surprising that ST.com wasn't the reference. It must have been a member. or a secret admirer :hiding::roflmao:

I must confess... it was me lol. I entered that back in 2003 really to tease Amy, I was proving to her that she was a secret closet Trekkie and pretty much everything I typed in there were things that described her lol.

I'm a little surprised that anyone found that, and a little surprised that it's even still there after 6 years lol STF was also fairly new still and I figured that putting the board name on there might help drive visitors here. That's also why I always put the STF banners or dedication plaque at the start and end of the videos that I made. Just a little free advertising for the board lol.

I must confess... it was me lol. I entered that back in 2003 really to tease Amy, I was proving to her that she was a secret closet Trekkie and pretty much everything I typed in there were things that described her lol.

I'm a little surprised that anyone found that, and a little surprised that it's even still there after 6 years lol STF was also fairly new still and I figured that putting the board name on there might help drive visitors here. That's also why I always put the STF banners or dedication plaque at the start and end of the videos that I made. Just a little free advertising for the board lol.

I just can't get away from this, can I? Once more...I am NOT a Trekkie!

Hey, the Urban dictionary doesn't lie... so perhaps you're not a "Trekkie" but Trekker may be a different story.

By the way, what's a "Red Shirt"?

Also, have you ever bought Romulan Ale?

Hey, the Urban dictionary doesn't lie... so perhaps you're not a "Trekkie" but Trekker may be a different story.

A "red shirt" is the poor sap who's about to get killed, and yes, I have purchased a bottle of Romulan Ale in my lifetime. Neither of these facts means anything....

A "red shirt" is the poor sap who's about to get killed, and yes, I have purchased a bottle of Romulan Ale in my lifetime. Neither of these facts means anything....

lol Ok... if you say so... lol

Have you ever bought any Gold Pressed Latinum? How about a Federation Travel Guide detailing all the best places to eat on Vulcan or Cardassia or the best hotels on Feranganar?

And for those that may be curious about the Romulan Ale...

lol Ok... if you say so... lol

Have you ever bought any Gold Pressed Latinum? How about a Federation Travel Guide detailing all the best places to eat on Vulcan or Cardassia or the best hotels on Feranganar?

And for those that may be curious about the Romulan Ale...

I don't know what a Gold Pressed Latinum is and I don't remember any Federation Travel Guide.

I don't know what a Gold Pressed Latinum is and I don't remember any Federation Travel Guide.

I'm afraid I don't have the Gold Pressed Latinum candy bar any longer but I do have the travel guide still. I actually kept the candy bar for about 8 or 9 years but anyone that's ever tried to keep something like that knows that eventually the candy gets little worms in it so it had to go lol.

I'm afraid I don't have the Gold Pressed Latinum candy bar any longer but I do have the travel guide still. I actually kept the candy bar for about 8 or 9 years but anyone that's ever tried to keep something like that knows that eventually the candy gets little worms in it so it had to go lol.

Did I send you that???

Did I send you that???

Yep, with the Romulan Ale and the Gold Pressed Latinum candy bar lol

I vaguely remember the candy bar, and worrying that it would melt before it got to you. The travel guide is completely erased from my memory......old age must be setting in.....

Did I send you that???

I vaguely remember the candy bar, and worrying that it would melt before it got to you. The travel guide is completely erased from my memory......old age must be setting in.....

lol

Did I send you that???

lol

So have you visited any of the places listed in the travel guide?

Did I send you that???

lol

All of them, multiple times lol

Did I send you that???

lol

All of them, multiple times lol

I see......

lmao... so VBG this is visit down memory lane.

Im a Trekkie. I think Trekker is something some Yuppie came up with.

lol Yeah, sometimes though you have to do that to remind the "closet Trekkies" that just because they're "in the closet" doesn't mean that they aren't a Trekkie lol