Sign in to follow this  
Voyager recruit

iF YOU COULD RIGHT NOW VISIT ONE PLANET.....

If I could go to one place outside of Earth I think I'd pick a place that most would find dull, the Moon. I've always been fascinated thinking about what the landing sites look like after so many years on the moon. Have any of the fule tanks that had some fuel left in them exploded? What "junk" was left behind? It'd be simply a sight seeing visit of course. Outside of that maybe Mars.

In thte real world, my vote would still be for Mars. i was so bummed out when about 9 years ago or so, one of thte mars landers crased and we never got a chance to hear what Mars sound like. It was the only mission that I knew of that had a microphone as part of the science instruments and being an audio guy, I wanted to hear what another planet sounder like. Outside of that, my next vote would be to visit the "Wild Sororiety Girls of Planet Platex." :lol:

On a reality level-Jupiter, or Saturn. Sure, the Red Planet should be on every Trekfan's list, right? After H. G.Wells, Edgar Rice Burroughs, etc....or Ahhnold!!Heh....the Moon, another good choice. But, I would LOVE to hang above the Great Red Spot, watch that big gas giant do its massively turbulent thing, with the swirls, and bands...or cruise, Voyager-style (Love that sequence!) just above Saturn's rings, and drink in their splendor. The great pictures at the NASA website should be enough-Mras included-to make one want to take a tour through our solar system, whatever our preference...and, poor little Pluto...sniff. I grew up feeling it WAS a planet!But no more, alas(FYI-as thread creator, all may freely include said 'sphere'(or how perfectly round is it?) in their tourist wish-list. I haven't even covered my fictional world(s) yet....

I'd definitely steer away from gas giants. :whistling: The heck with reality, I'd shoot for Risa. :lol:

Reality Based: a solar system tour with Mars up first, followed by the moon & Venus.

Trek-world based: Vulcan, followed by the Shore Leave TOS episode planet!

In reality, I would want to visit a planet from outside our solar system.

For Trek, maybe Risa or Sikaris (from VOY's Prime Factors episode where the crew went behind Janeway's back to trade the library database for a subspace trajector) or Romulus would be interesting.