Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Netflix and STARTREKFANS now in Partnership!

Well maybe "Partnership" isn't quite the right term lol

I have recently come to an agreement with Netflix to carry their ads on STF though. So Netflix is now officially one of our sponsors. So if you haven't joined Netflix yet and plan to then please do so using one of the Netflix links here on STF and if you're not a member you can sign up now for a free trial!

Sponsorship aside, as a lot of you know I've been singing the praises of Netflix for quite some time now. I've been a member since about 2001 or 2002 and have LOVED it! Especially now that you can watch TV shows and movies right online at no extra cost.

Netflix, Inc.show?id=1yJcEsZebZw&bids=135505.10000403

If I may be so bold... I'd like to throw in my endorsement for Netflix. Some time ago, I embarked on the "Trek Through Trek" wherein I watched every episode of every TV incarnation (including TAS) and every movie in the Star Trek franchise. I went through most of it with Blockbuster at first, but the waiting list on some of the discs was intolerable. Netflix never had a long waiting list for any title I wanted. I'd probably still be trying to finish my Trek Through Trek if it hadn't been for Netflix. And if I decide to do it again, it'll be through Netflix.

Yeah, and now Netflix has all of season 1 of TOS remastered online for instant viewing. It's an awesome thing, I jus wish they had all 3 seasons on there for instant viewing.

I'm also a big fan of Netflix..Great service..Glad they're one of STF's sponsors now.. :cheers:

Netflix definitely has a better selection of movies than Blockbuster (including Blockbuster online) - I've been able to get movies I wasn't sure I'd ever be able to get.

And another thing, you can put your account on hold for a while and pick back up as long as it's less than 90 days; this is great if you're going to be vacationing or too busy to watch movies for a few weeks.

I hadn't thought of rewatching ST through Netflix - I'm going to add VOY to my queue right now.

Netflix definitely has a better selection of movies than Blockbuster (including Blockbuster online) - I've been able to get movies I wasn't sure I'd ever be able to get.

And another thing, you can put your account on hold for a while and pick back up as long as it's less than 90 days; this is great if you're going to be vacationing or too busy to watch movies for a few weeks.

I hadn't thought of rewatching ST through Netflix - I'm going to add VOY to my queue right now.

Yeah, I'm in the process of getting Voyager now. I'm mid way through season 3. Enterprise is after that.

If you have a good internet connection you should put season 1 of TOS in your instant queue and see how they were remastered (if you haven't seen it already).