Sign in to follow this  
Voyager recruit

Transwarp...when will we see it happen?

Probably a lot sooner, since Voyager has traveled via quantum slipstream and has attempted to use transwarp. When Voyager returned, Starfleet can get a look at her databanks and figure it out.

Yep. Least they came up with an interesting ship to carry it. Gene Roddenberry was adamant in TNG, that the Federation not have it, for the simple reason, that they'd start running out of stories to tell, if Starfleet could cover so much territory so comparatively more quickly. Anybody got the last Ships of the Line calendar?There is ''Around the quadrant in Eighty Days'' with, what, just such a vessel-and at any rate, a cool-looking one.

I was just rereading a bit in a recent ish of Star Trek Magazine that, in the latest st novels(the 'Destiny' series) that a vessel known as the Aventine has been mentioned-one posessing slipstream technology!Great! It may not be canon-but it shows a choice to open up new avenues of exploration, that are unprecedented. Perhaps, indeed, any oneday late 24th or beyond series would take that eh, quantum leap ahead, tech-wise...said ship is to be featured in the aforementioned ''Ships of the Line '09'' calendar.

Probably a lot sooner, since Voyager has traveled via quantum slipstream and has attempted to use transwarp

Voyager used a Transwarp coil at the end of Dark Frontier and shave about fifteen years of their journey. I don't know if this also meat that the ship travelled at Transwarp but I tend to assume so.

But given that Voyager could have brought only used up Transwarp coils with them back, I suppose it is still left to Starfleet to develop the technology on their own.

Then there is the slipstream technology that was used in Hope and Fear. I don't know if this is more or less advnced than Transwarp. If it is less Starfleet will probably have to achieve slipstream technology before they can even begin considering Transwarp.

So a guess would be, no transwarp in the next series. If there is one.

From a purely creative standpoint, I think, in the event of a beyond-the-24th-century series, its creators might well consider bringing the technology in as a by-then conventional technology.