Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Star Trek Voyager DVDs

I've been getting Star Trek Voyager DVDs from Netflix for the past month or so, it's been a while since I've watched every Voyager episode but I'm working my way through them one DVD at a time.

One thing that I always find is that I really don't like the Kazon episodes.

I have seasons 2 and three-my favorites. The rest would get costly, but there are definitely to me good ones in 4-7. The Kazon I am not as big on as other species, but have used them-Jabin and Culluh-in my stories.

yeah I didn't care for them either. That and another character are a big reason I didn't enjoy the first three seasons as much as the later seasons. The only time I found them slightly interesting was when Seska was with them...her I liked

Once Seska joined the Kazon they did become more interesting. I think one of the problems was they were a little too one dimensional as we only ever saw them in situations that were or could turn confrontational. It would have been interesting to see another side of the Kazon (ie they were obviously an extremely chauvanistic society but it would have been interesting to actually see a Kazon woman or a non-military family).

I also am currently watching the entire series on DVD and have noticed that the series doesnt get really good until season four. Yeah, there are good ones here and there, but it really started to pick up with 4

I have seasons 1,2 and 3 on DVD and I have watched them from time to time.

As I see it, those seasons were Voyager at its best. I don't like seasons 4-7 for many different reasons.

As for the Kazon, I like them. I think they are great villains. I especially like the episodes where Seska and Culluh are involved.