Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Which would you rather own, a Runabout or the Delta Flyer?

Runabout or Delta Flyer?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you rather own, a Runabout or the Delta Flyer?

• A Runabout
    • The Delta Flyer
    • Neither, I want to stay on Earth

Presonally I'd rather have the Runabout, just seems larger and even has sleeping quarters in the back. The Flyer would be cool but more like a sports car vs. a tour bus. Sports cars are nice but I'd rather travel in luxury lol.

A Runabout:

Click for Spoiler:

800px_Science_Runabout2.jpg

The Delta Flyer:

Click for Spoiler:

delta_cutaway.jpg

I am rather leaning towards the Flyer-I am a Voyager fan, so..but, as VB said, a runabout's roomier. I could use the extra space to pin up my trek posters! Heh. The former would do better in a firefight.

I like them both. The Delta Flyer would be the better choice in a firefight or if you had to outrace some Borg. Yet, I like the runabout for pure convenience sake. I could live in a runabout, but would I want to?? I guess it would depend on how far I am from an Orion trading post or Risa for that matter. :biggrin:

I added a couple of pics to the first post, you can see that the Runabout is very much larger than the Delta Flyer. I don't think you'd be "uncomfortable" in either but it sure looks like the Runabout would give a little more freedom to "stretch your legs".

The Delta Flyer would be the better choice in a firefight or if you had to outrace some Borg.

Not necessarily.

Remember, space is a frictionless environment. There is no drag that would otherwise affect speed or maneuverability. (The whole reason inertial dampeners are required is so a simple engine pulse doesn't send the craft to the other side of a star system with no way of stopping your momentum.) Speed is simply a matter of engine size and efficiency. True a Runabout has bigger engines but the Delta Flyer was designed by they guy who broke the Warp 10 threshold so you can bet he put some pretty efficient engines in it.

A Runabout has a marginal edge in firepower, but only because it has microtorpedo launchers. Even in the Dominion War, however, these were hardly ever used.

As for the most important aspect: It is like what I call the Porche dilemma. Nobody ever got laid in a Porche, but you can certainly get laid stepping out of one. The Delta Flyer is like a Porche, but if you do actually score a space babe you will wish you had a Runabout.

The Delta Flyer is a small ship but is flys fast and cand out mnover the other ships

I think I would own both! As i have looked at both and figure that each has a purpose.

One for room (and family) and other for quick get aways :cheers: