Sign in to follow this  
Voyager recruit

Futuretrek...

The proposed, or once-proposed animated web series would be set a century and a half after the politically-dramatic events in the last film. The future, more immediately, was up for grabs. But what about the various powers of the two quadrants, this far ahead? How do you see the Federation, first of all, politically, technologically, socially....how would you take it on a creative level? And of course, those who are its current allies-and its present enemies?(Who have diminished considerably) It's full of..possibilities.

Edited by Voyager recruit

the Federation would probably eventually start falling apart. It is so huge, planets would disagree with others and start leaving the Federation. What's the other alternative, the entire universe belonging to the Federation? :biggrin:. I'd rather see a decrease rather than an increase for the future. So, I'd prefer a darker image that DS9 gave. Things can't always be wine and roses. I loved hearing the idea that in the future, even the planet Vulcan would leave the Federation.

But, this all would be temporary if the story took place 150 years after Nemesis since we saw that there still was a Federation in the 31st century (Daniels on ENT). I wonder how different the 31st century Federation would be from the 24th, I'm sure a lot would be different.

Edited by Stephen of Borg