Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Razzie for Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off or Sequel

I caught an ep a while back of the show that replaced ''Ebert and Roeper''; it was a review of the new hosts' ''worse films of the year''...and Indy was put at the TOP by one of them. I admit I have not seen it-don't go to the flicks, but used to back when...and Last Crusade was great. I was saddened to see the next creation of Spielberg-Lucas so bashed....of all people. No matter what, were it on tv now, I would definitely watch it.

I liked Indy 4 at first because I was so excited to see him back on screen. Then I went to see it again and liked it much less. Then we bought the DVD and watched it again and I realized that it was EMBARRASINGLY BAD. Which is too bad, really, because I like that kid (Shia). The reunion of Marian and Indy was about 20 years too late (should have happened in the third movie if it was going to happen at all).

Harrison Ford looks terrible and it is hard to watch him in this part as really an old man. The plot was hokey and about something most people had never heard of (Crystal Skulls ... I ask you. And before someone chimes in about how they knew all about those before the flick, well, you and about 1 percent of the general population. Mayan-Schmayan, who cares?)

Man, I'm glad I got that off my chest! Sorry to sound so hostile ... I have NO idea where that came from this morning!

Wooooah!Maybe you're like me-woke up too early!Well, at least, when it eventually gets around to regular tv..I was warned!Of course, all criticisms are subjective-generally speaking-but it sounds like you hit it on the money here. Sad...and to get panned by the pros, as well. And,I HAVE heard something or other about a crystal skull somewher-maybe in this old UFO magazine...well, I did! Shrug. It'd make a nice curiosity piece for somebody's living-room..heh heh. Maybe that's what Indy did with it!

I really enjoyed the movie. I saw it in the theaters and I bought it on Blu-Ray. I'd put it ahead of the 2nd Indy movie.

I really enjoyed the movie. I saw it in the theaters and I bought it on Blu-Ray. I'd put it ahead of the 2nd Indy movie.

Oh, I'll give you that one, Kor. The second Indiana Jones movie is one of the worst movies ever made, not just a bad Indiana Jones movie.

And like I said, I really liked Indy 4 the first time I saw it. Unlike one and three, though, it is not a multiple-viewer. It doesn't hold up well to scrutiny IMO.

At best, I'd say Indy IV was a disappointment - not what I was hoping for.

As for the Crystal Skulls and aliens - they did that on Stargate SG1 over ten years ago - and there the skull transported you to another dimension