Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

TV Lawyer Commercials

My major was economics w/ business finance minor. I work as an accountant and am studying fir the CMA - Certified Management Accountant. CMAs work inside businesses whereas CPAs are outside consultants brought in during audits and taxes. Of course a lot of the material overlaps.

Kor37 - Have I *ever* claimed to be professional?

Nope...never claimed nor demonstrated

To be serious about TV lawyer commercials, I keep seeing one on Washington D.C. stations by Shatner for a lawyer named Mike Slocombe. I think it is one of these national firms that has affiliated law firms in several states and that Slocombe is not local to the area where the commercials are shown just the affiliated firms.

As for jury duty I get the letter every year to appear for jury duty, I have not been picked for a jury in over 20 years. I get to ride a crowded bus to downtown Baltimore since I refuse to pay the parking rates downtown. Unless I am in a courtroom waiting to not get picked for a jury I spend my day in the "quiet room" on a semi comfortable sofa reading a book or 2. In the main jury assembly rooms they have boring movies on TV, fools yakking on cell phones and people babbling on and on and on about how much they hate being there.

To be serious about TV lawyer commercials, I keep seeing one on Washington D.C. stations by Shatner for a lawyer named Mike Slocombe. I think it is one of these national firms that has affiliated law firms in several states and that Slocombe is not local to the area where the commercials are shown just the affiliated firms.

As for jury duty I get the letter every year to appear for jury duty, I have not been picked for a jury in over 20 years. I get to ride a crowded bus to downtown Baltimore since I refuse to pay the parking rates downtown. Unless I am in a courtroom waiting to not get picked for a jury I spend my day in the "quiet room" on a semi comfortable sofa reading a book or 2. In the main jury assembly rooms they have boring movies on TV, fools yakking on cell phones and people babbling on and on and on about how much they hate being there.

I hear ya. The parking totally costs more than what they pay you for jury duty! I get picked every year too. In all these years I've only once sat on a jury. I have this whole routine down that i've developed to make sure a lawyer doesn't pick me for the jury. Works every time. The only time it didn't work was when I wasn't able to do my routine. They picked a jury totally from the profile sheets based on profession and education.

I like the quiet room too. I bring along my portable dvd player and just watch movies or stuff til lunch. Then I walk down to the harbor for lunch and go to Hooters. After lunch, back to the quiet room and either reading or dvds til they let us go.