Sign in to follow this  
therabidirishman

Yahoo Fantasy NHL....Join my league!

FANTASY NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE

Tonight I registered a private league with Yahoo fantasy hockey,and I would like to invite anyone interested to join me there.I am the FNHL's League Commissioner,and have a team there (not yet drafted,of course) called the Boston Pub Brawlers.

The league id number is #73048.

The password is "slapshot" (what else? :drool: )

Here are some of the league settings:

maximum teams:12

maximum players:16

scoring:head-to-head

maximum player acquisitions:no maximum

maximum trades for season:no maximum

time players on waivers:2 days

time commissioner has to review/reject trades:2 days

last date to trade:25th,February,2004

(positions)

center:2

left wing:2

right wing:2

defensemen:4

goalies:2

injured reserve:4

Now this is my first year playing fantasy anything,and i may make a few mistakes...I'll try not too.Anyway,join if you want!The NHL season starts this week.

One more thing,go ahead and pre-rank your players.As soon as most of the teams have been registered I'll set the FNHL league draft status to "ready".

Edited by therabidirishman

I joined.Just for the record,I'm going to take the FNHL's first Lord Stanley's Cup! :drool:

:( you joined the FNHL?I was just at the league site and you don't have a team there,sirius!I'm not sure what happened.You should try and register again.

When you do register your team,in the spirit of the league being the "fantasy" NHL please chose to name them after a past or present NHL franchise.So far these teams have been taken:

Mine...Boston Bruins

Takara Soong....Winnipeg Jets

CaptainFreeman....San Jose Sharks

SubCommanderBeavis....Atlanta Thrashers

TrekkieBabe....Anaheim Mighty Ducks

Mr.Tinkles....Los Angeles Kings

I will set the FNHL's draft status to "ready" at midnight,Monday,October,13th,2003.

:lol:

I joined.Just for the record,I'm going to take the FNHL's first Lord Stanley's Cup! ;)

:b-day: you joined the FNHL?I was just at the league site and you don't have a team there,sirius!I'm not sure what happened.You should try and register again.

When you do register your team,in the spirit of the league being the "fantasy" NHL please chose to name them after a past or present NHL franchise.So far these teams have been taken:

Mine...Boston Bruins

Takara Soong....Winnipeg Jets

CaptainFreeman....San Jose Sharks

SubCommanderBeavis....Atlanta Thrashers

TrekkieBabe....Anaheim Mighty Ducks

Mr.Tinkles....Los Angeles Kings

I will set the FNHL's draft status to "ready" at midnight,Monday,October,13th,2003.

:)

No team huh? ;) Hmmm.Okay,I'll try again tonight.For the record I will be...

Phoenix Coyotes.

I'll join,I guess.Just so I can whup the pants off of SubcommanderBeavis :b-day:

I'll be the St.Louis Blues.

;)

Wait for meeeee!!!I want to join!I'll be the Quebec Nordiques....

Don't know anything about that old franchise,I just like the name :P

Nordiques....sounds cool.

Aren't they the Colorado Avalanche now?

(also,it CAN'T be a fantasy NHL without more Canadian teams!)

Hey the FNHL has got like 8 or 9 teams now....

set the draft status to ready!We're missing the season!!!!!

:o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

The FNHL has 9 teams,counting captainsmiley's Nordiques....

I'm positive that over the course of the weekend,maybe sooner,all 12 teams will be on board,and then I'll set the draft status to "ready".Regardless of whether or not we start this week,we will still enjoy a full fantasy schedule.

SubCommanderBeavis,I hate to say it,but I don't have a clue whether or not we will have playoffs.When I registered the league,I couldn't find anything about playoffs or a championship game. :(

We'll just consider the team with the best record at the end of the season (in March or April,2004)the Stanley Cup winners.

I'm even thinking about buying this cheap little plastic replica of a Stanley Cup and mailing it to the winner,provided I don't win it. :P

I'm in as well as ...........can you geuss?? Lol

Click for Spoiler:

THE EDMONTON OILERS!

I knew you could do figure it out! :P .

Okay,the league is complete.All 12 teams have been registered,and only minutes ago I set the league's draft status to "ready".The draft will take place between tonight and midnight,Tuesday,October 14th.I'm fairly certain that league play will begin the week after that.I'll keep everyone posted.

Looks like my Bruins have drawn Captain Freeman's Sharks in week-1.Captain,please don't take the butt kicking personally.Its just business :o

Good luck everybody.Thanks for joining the FNHL.I hope your team roster's stay healthy,and have great seasons.

:P

Oh,one more thing.... :P just in case you have some doubt as to the outcome of this FNHL season...

bruins-art.jpg

WORLD CHAMPION BOSTON BRUINS WORLD CHAMPION BOSTON BRUINS WORLD CHAMPION BOSTON BRUINS

OILERS! OILERS! OILERS! OILERS! OILERS! OILERS! OILERS! OILERS! OILERS! OILERS! OILERS! OILERS! OILERS! OILERS! OILERS! OILERS! OILERS! OILERS! OILERS! OILERS! OILERS! OILERS! OILERS! OILERS! OILERS! OILERS! OILERS! OILERS! OILERS! OILERS! OILERS! OILERS! OILERS! OILERS! OILERS! OILERS! OILERS! OILERS! OILERS! OILERS!

Okay,the league is complete.All 12 teams have been registered,and only minutes ago I set the league's draft status to "ready".The draft will take place between tonight and midnight,Tuesday,October 14th.I'm fairly certain that league play will begin the week after that.I'll keep everyone posted.

Looks like my Bruins have drawn Captain Freeman's Sharks in week-1.Captain,please don't take the butt kicking personally.Its just business :o

Good luck everybody.Thanks for joining the FNHL.I hope your team roster's stay healthy,and have great seasons.

Rats!

I started to register a team yesterday,but never got around to it....

Catch you next year.Dallas Stars Rule!!!!!

:o

:o

Rats!

I started to register a team yesterday,but never got around to it....

Catch you next year.Dallas Stars Rule!!!!!

Oh. :o Sorry,Stormtrooper hk554....I've already set the draft status to "ready".Prior to that point I could have added additional teams,beyond the original 12 team limit I established for the FNHL.

Yahoo has hundreds,if not thousands of fantasy hockey leagues still forming.I woud suggest you go to Yahoo Fantasy Hockey and join a public league.

I'll be expected you and your Dallas Stars next season! :o

FANTASY NHL SCORES:

(for Monday,October 20th,2003)

St.Louis Blues 4-3 Minnesota Wild

Atlanta Thrashers 5-4 Boston Bruins

Winnipeg Jets 5-2 San Jose Sharks

Toronto Maple Leafs 3-1 Anaheim Ducks

Edmonton Oilers 2-1 Los Angeles Kings

Phoenix Coyotes 7-0 Quebec Nordiques

nhl.gif

FANTASY NHL SCORES:

(for Tuesday,October 21st,2003)

Atlanta Thrashers 3-2 Boston Bruins

San Jose Sharks 6-3 Winnipeg Jets

Anaheim Ducks 6-1 Toronto Maple Leafs

Los Angeles Kings 6-2 Edmonton Oilers

Minnesota Wild 6-3 St.Louis Blues

Quebec Nordiques 6-1 Phoenix Coyotes

wild.jpg

I won again?

WooHoooo!!!Undefeated Atlanta Thrashers.That's me,all right.

:blink: Why don't we just save everybody the trouble of managing their teams for the next several months and just give me the Cup now?

FANTASY NHL SCORES:

(for Wednesday,October 22nd,2003)

Atlanta Thrashers 7-2 Boston Bruins

Winnipeg Jets 5-5 San Jose Sharks

Anaheim Ducks 8-1 Toronto Maple Leafs

Los Angeles Kings 6-2 Edmonton Oilers

Quebec nordiques 5-1 Phoenix Coyotes

Minnesota Wild 7-3 St.Louis Blues

king.jpg