After watching some of the trailers and seeing some of the pictures of the upcoming movie, I can't help but to think, Spock looks like a full Vulcan rather than just half...

Edited by Ian Wood

After watching some of the trailers and seeing some of the pictures of the upcoming movie, I can't help but to think, Spock looks like a full Vulcan rather than just half...

I think its because young Spock is more muscular, voice is deeper, and in my opinion he talks a bit fast, and is more violent than I know our Spock to be.

Guess blame that youthful green blood?

The pre TOS Spock, (see The Cage) was not yet as in control of his emotions as we later saw him. His portrayal in Star Trek by Quinto appears to be a spot on characterization of that younger, more shouty Spock, imo.

Yes I was aware of this so that would explain how the young Spock appears more Vulcan than half human. I guess later on he hung around humans too much. :P

Perhaps due to in part his Vulcan-gene dominance, couching it as first posted, then, one might argue by that light his human genes had yet to 'kick in'....and yep-gauging by the previews, serenity may be a tad tricky for him-but we know he'll come around.

We now the exact reason for why everything a little different in this film is different...

Click for Spoiler:

different timline.

In the novel, at the spot where Spock declines acceptance into the VA, in response to the underhanded insult of one of the CM, he closes the conversation by saying; live long and prosper while flipping them the bird! :superhappy:

We now the exact reason for why everything a little different in this film is different...

Click for Spoiler:

different timline.

In the novel, at the spot where Spock declines acceptance into the VA, in response to the underhanded insult of one of the CM, he closes the conversation by saying; live long and prosper while flipping them the bird! :superhappy:

Click for Spoiler:

I'm sure some day we will see an outtake of Quinto in that scene saying "Prosper THIS, mother(I'm trying to say a bad word but can't)er."

I thought his performance was good. but i've seen him so much on "Heroes" that I had to stop myself from wondering, "What's Sylar doing on the Enterprise?" :superhappy:

I think he looks remarkably like Spock and gave a really good performance. The one problem I had was that every time he opened his mouth to speak, he sounded like Sylar. Nimoy has a deeper voice than Quinto. Haha, while I was in the theater, the first time adult Spock showed up, someone in front of me whispered "Spock is Sylar!" Hah.

Click for Spoiler:

different timline.

Click for Spoiler:

Are you kidding? I expected him to start slicing open that Vulcan's head with his mind! Pffft!

I think that they did a great job with Spock in the film. I did enjoy seeing a Spock that had not quite mastered his emotional control.