Sign in to follow this  
Voyager recruit

Writing Voyager the way u want it..What's your take?

Okay, gang...to all those Voyager fans who are also fan-writers..how would you work with our favorite crew? Would you 'undo' certain fates of particular characters in your 'version' of STV? I can think of one whom I have done so with. And, from what I hear, my version will be differing from the offically-printed Pocket novels, sadly(and ridiculously) in another regard....

Definitely. I would start by keeping Kes on the show. I despised how they did away with her suddenly and then brought her back in that ep that never should've been filmed, you know the one that is called "Fury". She was a great character that suffered from bad writing and a lack of creativity from the writing staff. I know that we could've come up with a better way to present her character to the viewers. She is imo, one of the best characters in the franchise.

I would remake Voyager's season 4-7 by keeping Kes and give her a human lifespan.

I'm not sure about Seven. I think that they managed very good without her. But I might add her to the crew but omit the catsuit and not make her the main character as she became in the series. I would also have only 2-3 episodes with the Borg.

Another alternative would be to have Seven as the main villain for season 4 and 5 as some Borg nemesis for the crew. Then she would be captured in season 6 and become the Seven we had in the original series.

Neelix would remain on the ship, Lt.Carey wouldn't be killed off and "Endgame" would be completly different with a showdown with the female Caretaker and a decent homecoming. I would also keep the crew together for further missions in possible books and movies.

And why not a "happy ending" between Janeway and Chakotay? :roflmao:

No killing off of Janeway in the books! The decision to waste her, one of Star Trek's best characters was stupid and insulting to the fans.

Thanks for reviving the thread, buddy! Neelix, I definitely keep around...as well as Kes, my fave, whom I have him reuniting with-and marrying, finally!-after by what I feel is not so shabby a plot, her return, permanently, to the crew-and essentially back physically, to her previous self(with an extended lifespan, thanks to the Suspirian Ocampa's technology(who in my tales have in part come home to Ocampa)where of course Kes went back to at the end of ''Fury''. Carey I as well prefer to keep around-I liked the respect, and certainly, friendship he developed with B'Elanna. Another variance with established canon, is that I have not really found it preferable for me, to have Janeway as an admiral-not that she could not fulfill that position-but, rather, goes to her psyche, as a person who is an explorer at heart-witness by her embracing, along with the crew, of their then-presumed VERY long journey(though seven years in the wilds of the DQ is plenty challenge-as we all know!).I am also developing a new mission for my beloved crew-with the exception of Kes, Neelix, and the Doctor, who are the mems of a special team assigned to handle various crises in the known territories...said mission for NCC-74656 involves a revisit to a favorite part of the AQ....Interphasic Space, where 'The Tholian Web'' took place....and this, a new, and discovery-rich arena for the Federation...