Sign in to follow this  
Voyager recruit

Archer's ' historic speech' from the finale'...would y

It seems a graet shame, that in that last(unfortunately) ep of STE we were not given the chance to at least hear a portion of his addres to the fledgling 'Coalition' that will become the great interstellar democracy, our core principlies here in the States given future birth....then again, as other Ent fans feel, a lot was wated in the finale'...but I digress. I decided to 'write it' myself for Jon in my fan works...but I doubt our new Commander-In-Chief would hire me to pen his material! Heh, heh.

I, too, ws very disapointed about not hearing the speech, especially after Deanna talked about having to memorize it is grade school. I imagine it would be very much like the Gettysburg Address: inspiring, hopeful, and expresses the feelings everyone was feeling.

Thank you, Spike, for posting comment to my by-now old(but hoped-for viable)thread. I decided, being a fan-writer, to put down on paper(yes, I still use that ancient penmanship form) what I conceived of as Jon's speech, for fun....

Thank you! I recently tried to dig it out in my writing collection, not found, but it should be there. I will try to post it in the fic section. Again, much appreciated;HOPE it will be liked by yourself, if I can...

I was disappointed in the whole final episode. It was an interesting concept for an in-season episode but the final episode of the entire series should have been their own.

I've always meant to take the TNG episode and this one and splice them together as best I could to make it run together as one. I'm sure someone out there has already done it but it'd be an interesting 'episode' to watch like that.

But that whole last episode is exactly why Enterprise needed to die. They knew this would be the last Star Trek episode *ever*, they even had an extra year to think about it they weren't expecting to get, and that was really the absolute best they could do? Can anyone still defend Enterprise with a straight face after that?

I've always meant to take the TNG episode and this one and splice them together as best I could to make it run together as one. I'm sure someone out there has already done it but it'd be an interesting 'episode' to watch like that.

^

All that would accomplish would be the fact that one notices even more that the ENT stuff doesn't really fit into the episode - Riker really doesn't strike me as completely lost and unsure what to do about Pressman. One would also notice even more how much (naturally) Frakes and Sirtis have aged. And that the background they had for their "fake Ten Forward" didn't fit. And that they actually stole a scene from "Menage A Troi". And so on and so on. ;)

^

All that would accomplish would be the fact that one notices even more that the ENT stuff doesn't really fit into the episode - Riker really doesn't strike me as completely lost and unsure what to do about Pressman. One would also notice even more how much (naturally) Frakes and Sirtis have aged. And that the background they had for their "fake Ten Forward" didn't fit. And that they actually stole a scene from "Menage A Troi". And so on and so on. ;)

I would only do it for myself, so knowing that the ages and weights of Frakes and Sirtis wouldn't match and so on wouldn't be a big deal to me. Would the spliced episode actually 'work' like that? Probably not but it's still something I'd be interested in watching at least once.

The part that would probably interest me the most though would be the actual editing process.

If you ever do it, let me know. I'd love to see it and find more reasons to hate the ENT episode! ^_^ I doubt it would work as an episode since the ENT writers cared little about "The Pegasus", they were only looking for an episode to squeeze their rather strange ENT episode plot into. I still wonder why they picked "The Pegasus", of all episodes. But then, I question their sanity anyway - who in their right mind makes a final episode for a series that takes place on the holodeck of another series??? ;)