Sign in to follow this  
Voyager recruit

The Tholian Web-one of the best of TOS?

I feel that TTW ranks as one of the finest of all the original eps. It has intense drama, and powerful emotion between Spock and McCoy, a great alien species, a terrific spatial phenomenon....I've even written a sequel to it via Star Trek Voyager(bypassing the 'official' fate of a certain ship in Enterprise's ''Mirror, Darkly''....)Kudos to Judy Burns and Chet Richards for a fine script.

Yes,I agreed that The Tholian Web is the finest Episode.Wow!You must be good writer. :flowers:

That was a GREAT episode! The only problem I had with it was that McCoy was such a beotch in it. He ragged the hell out of Spock for no reason.

Thanks, Raja! I don't know how good I am....but appreciate that. I haven't been doing any of late, but plan to very soon. It was also a highlight to see one of my fave species shown on my other fave series, on two occaisions. As for the 'interpersonal dynamics' between Bones and Spock, the apology he gives him later, and Spock's reply....''I am certain that if the Captain were here, he would have simply said, 'Forget it, Bones' ''...that's another favorite little moment, along with others, such as the 'tape scene' in Kirk's quarters, and that interchange...''I'm sorry, Spock. It hurts, doesn't it?''...''What would you have me say, Doctor?''....and in the newtrek, so to speak, we've seen the beginnings of 'The Triumverate'....For me, I think also this ep opened up a venue for what could be a future exploration path in the 24th century for Starfleet...if the Tholians might share a little-if wishful thinking-and well, I have some ideas. Imagine whole universes, at the Federation's fingertips....to mention Enterprise again, I loved seeing what a Tholian looked like from the neck down. Nice fx, gang. Gotta say, I'd love to see Tholians in the next film..but, there's a lot to be told before Jim and co.'s encounter here...

I still have this episode on tape. It's definitely in that top ten of TOS but what I like more about it is that Manny Coto was able to use this episode to create a "What Happened to it" episode in the final year of Enterprise. It was a great tie in and continuation of the ST universe.

Just as he gave Season Four of Enterprise the other TOS connections, and along with folks like the Reeves-Stevenses, put a spark into what COULD have been a push in new directions for the series...not that I wasn't onboard, anyway...