Sign in to follow this  
deagletime

Battlestar Galactica: Theories on how it'll all end

So I’ve been coming back to the prophecy that says that ‘all of these events have happened before’. Based on what I’ve seen, here’s my prediction:

I. Birth of Mankind (4000 to 2000 years ago)

1. Creation of Cylons by mankind

2. War with Cylons

3. Exodus of Cylons to new homeworld (13th tribe)

4. Return and War with the Cylons (13th tribe)

5. Decimation of humans (Kobol)

6. Exodus of remaining humans to new homeworld (12 tribes)

7. Human retribution by the destruction of Cylon homeworld (Earth)

II. Rebirth of Mankind (100 years ago to current)

1. Creation of Cylons by mankind

2. War with Cylons

3. Exodus of Cylons to new homeworld (Cylon/human Armistice)

4. Return and War with the Cylons (Significant 7)

5. Decimation of humans (Colonies)

6. Exodus of remaining humans to new homeworld (12 colonies)

7. Human retribution by the destruction of Cylon homeworld (Unnamed)

And then I think the 12 cylon models were created based on the 12 lords of kobol.

Gods #1-10 have been named according to battlestar wiki:

1. Zeus – Leader/eldest of the Gods

• Colonel Tigh

2. Hera – Wife of Zeus

• Ellen Tigh

3. Aphrodite – Goddess of Love

• Number Six

4. Ares – God of War

• Number One / Cavil

5. Apollo – God of hunt/sport

• Anders

6. Artemis – Goddess of hunt/sport

• Number three

7. Asclepius – God of Science/Healing

• Number four/black doctor

8. Athena – Goddess protector of man who killed herself after the 12 tribe’s exodus

• Number eight / Athena Agathon

9. Aurora – Goddess of the dawn

• Tory Foster

10. Poseidon – God of the sea

• Number 2/Leoben ???

11. God #11 (Vulcan/Hephaestus) ???

• Tyrol ???

12. God #12 (Hades) - ???

• Number 5/Doral???

But lastly I was thinking that perhaps Starbuck is also a cylon as the only possible explanation is that she redownloaded... If this is true, than perhaps she is the reincarnation of the 13th lord of kobol that was the one who started the war... They have said that there are 12 lords of kobol (12 colonies as well) but isnt it possible that there was in fact a 13th lord who left the pantheon and is, therefore, the god of the 13th-cylon tribe?

It is certainly possible. I mean if both Cylons and Humans can forget a tribe leaving Kobol composed entirely of Cylons then it is certainly possible to forget a 13th god and a 13th Cylon humanoid model. This is much more likely than Earth developing Cylons of our own, independent of the Colonial Humans and Cylons, and yet have the resurection technology be compatible despite a 2000 year gap between the Final 5's deaths and rebirths.

Edited by Lt. Van Roy

I've been thinking more about this.

The temple on the algae planet not only identified the Eye of Jupiter as along the path to Earth but also gave the Cylons a clue to the Final 5. If the temple was built by humans who had not yet built Cylons it wouldn't have given any cues to the Final 5. Add to that the fact that the temple was discovered by someone who was later revealed to be one of the Final 5 and the temple could only have been built by Cylons. This establishes that the path the colonial exodus took had been taken by Cylons previously.

Further along the path there was a probe, supposedly from Earth, that gave the Cylons a virus. This means not only that the 13th tribe were aware of the Cylons but that they also were familiar with their anatomy and knew the Cylons would eventually follow the same path. (Either that or the 13th tribe built the probe to sicken any artificial life, but since we haven't ran across any other alien races to have built that life I discount this theory.)

So the idea that humans and Cylons had shared at least part of a path to Earth prior to the events of the miniseries is well-documented.

Why, then, was the audience surprised to discover that Cylons had already made it to Earth?

The temple on the algae planet not only identified the Eye of Jupiter as along the path to Earth but also gave the Cylons a clue to the Final 5. If the temple was built by humans who had not yet built Cylons it wouldn't have given any cues to the Final 5. Add to that the fact that the temple was discovered by someone who was later revealed to be one of the Final 5 and the temple could only have been built by Cylons. This establishes that the path the colonial exodus took had been taken by Cylons previously.

Further along the path there was a probe, supposedly from Earth, that gave the Cylons a virus. This means not only that the 13th tribe were aware of the Cylons but that they also were familiar with their anatomy and knew the Cylons would eventually follow the same path. (Either that or the 13th tribe built the probe to sicken any artificial life, but since we haven't ran across any other alien races to have built that life I discount this theory.)

OK, I got that wrong. The virus-causing probe came before the discovery of the algae planet. But still they were along the same path.

And then I think the 12 cylon models were created based on the 12 lords of kobol.

Gods #1-10 have been named according to battlestar wiki:

1. Zeus – Leader/eldest of the Gods

• Colonel Tigh

2. Hera – Wife of Zeus

• Ellen Tigh

3. Aphrodite – Goddess of Love

• Number Six

4. Ares – God of War

• Number One / Cavil

5. Apollo – God of hunt/sport

• Anders

6. Artemis – Goddess of hunt/sport

• Number three

7. Asclepius – God of Science/Healing

• Number four/black doctor

8. Athena – Goddess protector of man who killed herself after the 12 tribe’s exodus

• Number eight / Athena Agathon

9. Aurora – Goddess of the dawn

• Tory Foster

10. Poseidon – God of the sea

• Number 2/Leoben ???

11. God #11 (Vulcan/Hephaestus) ???

• Tyrol ???

12. God #12 (Hades) - ???

• Number 5/Doral???

But lastly I was thinking that perhaps Starbuck is also a cylon as the only possible explanation is that she redownloaded... If this is true, than perhaps she is the reincarnation of the 13th lord of kobol that was the one who started the war... They have said that there are 12 lords of kobol (12 colonies as well) but isnt it possible that there was in fact a 13th lord who left the pantheon and is, therefore, the god of the 13th-cylon tribe?

I like your gods list.

I wish we knew the names of those other cylons other than "black doctor," "Kevin Spacey cylon"... so annoying for them not to have names, unless their names were given and I just missed them (highly possible).

Here's my WISH list for how it all turns out:

1. The fleet finds some planet they can live with/on.

2. Cavil bites it, along with his little stooge cylons including BOOMER.

3. Tyrol finds a good Boomer to settle down with.

4. Helo adminsters a final one-two punch to Adama and takes the old man out permanently.

5. Lee puts his uniform back on and loses that awful pinstripe suit.

6. Someone opens fire and kills the quorum again.

7. Roslyn dies already.

8. Cottle gives up smoking, particularly in the O.R.

9. Anders dies and goes away.

10. Starbuck and Apollo end up together.

11. Someone separates Tory's head from her body ... although she did us all a solid and got rid of that PWT Callie. I still don't like her.

12. Tigh and Ellen inherit the universe.

Just my personal list. Of course, none of these things will happen because they aren't intellectual enough or deep enough. I'm just sort of ready for this show to be done.