Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Episode Spotlight DS9

Looking for par'Mach in All the Wrong Places

320x240.jpg

Grilka makes her second appearance on DS9 in Looking foe par'Mach in All the Wrong Places. The first time we see Grilka is in season 3's episode entitled "The House of Quark" in which Grilka forces Quark to marry her in order to save her house from falling after her husband was killed in an accident in Quarks bar.

240x320.jpg

Looking for par'Mach is a fun episode in which we see Worf become infatuated with Grilka only to be told that she could never mate with him due to his dishonor. Much to Worf's shock he learns that Grilka was once Quark's wife. When Quark comes to Jadzia to enlist her help in winning the affection of Grilka, Worf sees a chance to prove that he does in deed know how to court a Klingon woman and he takes up the task of winning the heart of Grilka for Quark.

240x320.jpg

To read the full episode synopsis from STARTREK.COM click the spoiler below:

Click For Spoiler

Just watched this episode for the first time..I like it..It was a very good episode..I like Grilka in this one and in 'House of Quark'...Best looking Klingon I've ever seen.. :P

I was wondering when the Worf/Dax thing was going to start..

An interesting sub-plot that I forgot to mention in the original post is the sexual tension between Kira and Miles. It was interesting to see how they dealt with it in the face of Keiko trying to push them together without knowing that they were experiencing this tension.

I always get the feeling at the end that Miles wants to kiss Kira and the same for her but she finally tells him to leave to avoid the situation.

I'm with you on the Miles/Nerys feelings at the end of the episode - I thought the shuttlecraft scene was great - especially when she is describing her getaway house. It's a good reminder that, even if you're in a committed relationship, you can still feel attraction. I also thought it was good to make the point that you don't have to do anything about it!!

I think it's interesting that Miles and Keiko are really the only couple to ever last any significant period of time in ST. Dax and Worf would have, I think, but Dukat took care of that.

Another of my fav' episodes of Deep Space Nine.I remember being furious at Worf for not seeing that Dax was clearly attracted to him.I think I yelled at the tv screen :thumbs:

I didn't like the Miles-Kira romantic angle.Maybe I just hated the thought that Miles would betray Keiko? :blink:

I just just rewatched this episode last night and it is a great episode. I love being able to see the beginnings of the relationship between Worf and Jadzia and the obvious Jealousy in her eyes as Worf is pursuing Grilka.

It's one of our favorites. Quark is hilarious, as usual, but Worf is a scream as well. The Miles and Kira thing was funny, too, in a weird & uncomfortable sort of way. I never for a moment believed that Miles would act on any of those feelings, so I never worried about his marriage. It was a very enjoyable subplot.

If I recall correctly we see a bit of jealousy from Odo in this episode don't we? Where he's teasing Kira about living with Miles. At least that's how I saw it, as jealousy.