Sign in to follow this  
DaboGirl

Burger King Confirms Star Trek Movie Promotion For 2009

Burger King Confirms Star Trek Movie Promotion For 2009

In a welcome sign for a new expanded audience for the franchise, Star Trek is headed back to fast food. Back in February TrekMovie reported that one of the components of the merchandising for the new Star Trek movie would be at a major fast food outlet, noting ‘probably Burger King.’ And Burger King has just officially confirmed they will be doing a promotional tie-in for the new Trek film.

bklogos.jpg

Paramount giving new Star Trek the tentpole treatment

Burger King made the Trek announcement in their quarterly investor conference call yesterday. In discussing various partner campaigns planned for next year, CEO John Chidsey stated "we believe our movie lineup with The Pink Panther, Star Trek, and Transformers will resonate with super fans and super families globally." TrekMovie has also independently confirmed the Star Trek/Burger King merchandising deal. Paramount and Burger King have worked together on a number of recent promotions, including this year’s Iron Man and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull as well as last year’s Transformers movie. However this will be the first Star Trek promotion with Burger King. Burger King has also worked with the other major studios, including Fox for the recent Star Wars prequels.

Link: http://trekmovie.com/2008/10/31/burger-kin...otion-for-2009/

Fast-food tie-ins are fun. I’m all about fun!

I guess I'll be going to Burger King as well but.......what am I going to do with the food? Is it even edible?....... :vbg:

Most places have substitutions for the kids meals - milk or juice instead of soda; fruit instead of fries. As for fast food Burgers - Burger King is at least better than McDonald's - which I realize isn't saying much.

I am looking forward to the Star Trek toys

You should be able to purchase the premium without getting the kids meal.

Actually, that is exactely what I did with the Star Wars: The Clone Wars toys at McDonald's last year. You end up paying about half the price of the meal and just get the toy.