Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Majel Roddenberry Has Passed Away

Majel Roddenberry Died In Her Home Today

post-1-1229652056.jpg

http://www.trektoday.com/news/181208_01.shtml

Majel Barrett Roddenberry widow of Gene Roddenberry, died today at her home in Bel Air, California.

As reported by Access Hollywood, Barrett-Roddenberry died after battling leukemia, which was diagnosed earlier this year. Her son Rod was by her side.

Majel Lee Hudac was born in Cleveland, Ohio on February 23, 1932. After moving to California in the 1950s, she found roles in shows such as Bonanza, The Untouchables, The Lucy Show, Leave it to Beaver and The Lieutenant as well as her work on Star Trek.

Barrett-Roddenberry appeared on the original Star Trek pilot, The Cage where she played the role of Number One. That role was not continued into the series when it was picked up, but Barrett-Roddenberry changed her hair color and became nurse Christine Chapel. She also appeared in Star Trek: The Voyage Home reprising her role. For Star Trek: The Next Generation Barrett-Roddenberry portrayed the Betazoid Lwaxana Troi, mother of counselor Deanna Troi.

In addition to acting roles in Star Trek, Barrett-Roddenberry did voice work, in the Animated Series and she was the voice of the computer for several of the Star Trek movies, including the forthcoming Star Trek XI.

The family has asked that in lieu of flowers, donations be made in her name to the CARE Organization or Precious Paws both of which share Roddenberry's love for animals and dedication to animal rescue.

:biggrin:

This is terrible news. I had no idea that she was even sick....... :biggrin:

RIP Majel.

This is terrible news. I had no idea that she was even sick....... :biggrin:

RIP Majel.

I don't know if anyone knew about her illness, outside of family.

I just found out when I got home from work what a sad day indeed but one thing I will do.."Keep there Dream Alive". I will remember here and gene on how they live!!!

Brian

This is very sad news. Another part of TOS gone from us. May she be at peace and reunited with Gene.

Sad news really. She was a great actress and did contribute a lot to Star Trek in her roles as Number One (TOS; The Cage), nurse Chapel (TOS) and Lwaxana Troi (TNG, DS9) as well as the computer voice.

We'll miss you Mrs. Roddenberry!

R.I.P.

Such sad news for all fans of Star Trek.. :biggrin: She is with Gene..

Majel Barrett Roddenberry passed away this morning, December 18, 2008, at 12:27 AM in her Bel Air home. She died peacefully, in her sleep, and was surrounded by family and loved ones.

"My mother truly acknowledged and appreciated the fact that Star Trek fans played a vital role in keeping the Roddenberry dream alive for the past 42 years. It was her love for the fans, and their love in return, that kept her going for so long after my father passed away." - Eugene "Rod" Roddenberry, Jr.

www.roddenberry.com

LWAXANA1.jpg

I met her in Jacksonville Florida at a Trek convention in the mid 90s she seemed like a very nice woman and a class act who really cared about meeting you.

She will be missed. :biggrin:

Roddenberry.com said she had completed the voice work for ST:XI so that adds even more to her legacy. I hope they dedicate the movie to her.

I am saddened to learn of her death, but I am glad the family was able to maintain their

privacy through that difficult time of her illness. She will be missed.

she will be dearly missed. What a wonderful lady. I'm very happy I got a chance to meet her this past August at a convention. I think it's so amazing that she still made it out to see her fans even though she must not have been feeling well!