Sign in to follow this  
deagletime

STXI Will bring the sheep back to the fold

Well truth be told, about a month after TATV (ENT cancellation), I progressively stopped going to STF.Net and other ST Websites less and less in protest that ENT was cancelled.. It was a rough time and we were all pissed... And then to lessen the pain, I downloaded all 11 season of SG1 to ease the transition of no new ST... I'm sure I wasnt the only one...

But after seeing the trailer for STXI, I have high hopes that a new era and generation of star trek fandom is upon us... I have high hopes that the huge buzz about STXI will force the TPTB at paramount to restart the ST franchise and I for one am happy to be back...

Edited by deagletime

I agree that many were upset at the cancelation of ENT and the end of new Trek on TV. Hopefully the new movie will bring more enthusiasm.

I went to a Borders Bookstore and went to look at Sci Fi stuff yesterday. There were dozens of Star Wars books and at first seemed to be no Trek. Finally I found 3 Trek books, Ships of the line, Star Trek Star Charts and another.

How can new fans be attracted if it is difficult to find materials? Libraries of course have lots of Trek books, but sadly some people will never go into a library.

I'm glad you're back, but am sorry you protested by leaving our site when we obviously had nothing to do with the cancelation

I agree, even if the movie turns out to be horrible :laugh: it will still get Trek out in the open again.

One thing though, SG-1 had 10 seasons not 11 (trust me, I'm a HUGE SG fan)

I am with you re the new film. Aaaand about Enterprise. I read somewher, believe it or not, that the producers were even considering axing STE some time before it actually occured. Sheesh. They didn't even let Sweeps go by before dropping the bomb, so to speak. There are those who decry Archer and co. That's their prerogative-but I feel it a worthy, and...dare I say it, 'logical' 'trip' (ouch) to Trek's past. Again, to the film, yes, I have this feeling that it will invigorate a sidetracked movie-product arena. Let's all give Abrams and co. a chance. Leonard Nimoy sings it's praises. Now, you tell me..who better to trust!?