Sign in to follow this  
Celtic_Swimmer

WAR.. what is it good for!?!?!

ABSOULTLY NOTHING

i do NOT want to go to war AT ALL.. honestly in my opinion Bush is an IDIOT.. but then agian we can not have another Pearl harbour Tragedy... so i guess in a way hes smart..

what are all you opinions on this matter??

ABSOULTLY NOTHING

i do NOT want to go to war AT ALL.. honestly in my opinion Bush is an IDIOT.. but then agian we can not have another Pearl harbour Tragedy... so i guess in a way hes smart..

what are all you opinions on this matter??

Personally I think it has to be done. If we don't do it now it'll come back to hurt us in the end.

This is what happens when a candidate for the Presidency has a brother who's governor of a state with lots of electoral votes and that brother fixes the election results from his state.

That Bible that W thumps so hard has a quote that's applicable in this instance: "Blessed are the peacemakers, they shall be called the Children of God."

Does that answer your questioin?

Personally I think the threat of another war is doing it's work.

Everyday I see and hear that more WMD are being dismantled by IRAQ. :)

I do not want to believe that the war is about oil but if it happens despite what I am seeing happening with the WMD then I am going to be forced into believing, the oil or the good of our economy is the engine behind it all. :D

Like everyone else i don't want a war but i feel it is necessary. There are arguments both for and against going in without a 2nd ( or 18th, if you want to go back 12 years) resolution. Whist my opinion is that US and UK have enough justification to go in without it, flouting international law worries me,not in the now but the future. Overall my opinion is yes we are justified to use force and we should as this is the only thing that will make the butcher of baghdad disarm, preferably with another resolution.

Personally I think the threat of another war is doing it's work.

Everyday I see and hear that more WMD are being dismantled by IRAQ.  :)

I do not want to believe that the war is about oil but if it happens despite what I am seeing happening with the WMD then I am going to be forced into believing, the oil or the good of our economy is the engine behind it all.  :D 

Watched Tony Blair in a debate on MTV the other night and someone posed this question about oil. He replied that he would like a UN mandate drawing up that puts all oil in Iraq in trust for Iraq, and that NO ONE but Iraq is allowed access to it. That's good enough for me that is not about oil as i have always believed.

Here's a quote that is very apt for the current situation.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

But i believe thats its stupid.. like the senselss killing of millions just to get to one life.. like i live in Canada have nothing to do with the war.. i do not believe war is any answer but in the cross fire i could be killed.. never getting a chance to have children, maybe not able to finish my education.. but the same thing could happen if i crossed the street and got hit by a car..

but our world needs to be more like star trek...

or like how it was in the TNG episode "Justice" they were really peaceful..

-Laur

But i believe thats its stupid.. like the senselss killing of millions just to get to one life.. like i live in Canada have nothing to do with the war.. i do not believe war is any answer but in the cross fire i could be killed.. never getting a chance to have children, maybe not able to finish  my education.. but the same thing could happen if i crossed the street and got hit by a car..

but our world needs to be more like star trek...

or like how it was in the TNG episode "Justice" they were really peaceful..

-Laur

Agree...to a point. War should be the absolutely last resort,and that is where we are at the moment. I like you wish it could be like Star Trek , but look at the devastation that took place in earth's history to get us to that point. I wish Jean-luc could just beam in and sort it all out for us. I've said on numerous occasions that Star Trek should be compulsory viewing for our politicians but as that is not going to happen we just have to trust in our elected govts to get it right.

I don't WANT to go to war and neither does Bush, however this is something that has to be done, Saddam's record speaks for it self, the vast majority of americans do WANT to go to war, which something is being ignored in the major media. Germany does not want to go to war because the German state of mind is War is Bad, because of world war II. The french, well don't get me started. This is matter that is America's battle, and if needed America will fight on it's own, we have a volunteer army for a reason. When we go in and uncover just what he has been doing to his own people i will expect a full apology from our opposition and the peaceniks in this country. War is bad, yes but this something that has been a long time comeing, Saddam must go, this isn't going to be a war like WWII, or korea, it will be over in 2 weeks, this not another Vietnam this a War to protect our interrest, the people of Iraq want him gone but he has guns to their heads, and the People of Iraq do not have the Right to Free Protest as WE DO in America, Canada, England, or etc. This is a war for Independace, just like the one our forefathers fought for in the land our Fathers came to escape people like Saddam. My family came from Prussia in the Hessian troops to fight in the war for independance, and there has been a member of my family in each war since, my mom's family came from Ireland in 1848 to find better living in this country, I voted for George W. Bush as i will again do in 2004, because he is the right man for the job, the whole 2000 election thing is light years from this matter, if Saddam is allowed to continue to rule with his iron fist then I am truly concerned for everyone, he laughs at us and mocks us. SADDAM MUST GO, he will turn into another Hitler , go back and read the history leading up to WWII.

[rant over, this is not aimed at any member personaly on this board, just me blowing off steam]

so......when's the next new episode of Enterprise, eh?

I don't WANT to go to war and neither does Bush, however this is something that has to be done, Saddam's record speaks for it self, the vast majority of americans do WANT to go to war, which something is being ignored in the major media. Germany does not want to go to war because the German state of mind is War is Bad, because of world war II. The french, well don't get me started. This is matter that is America's battle, and if needed America will fight on it's own, we have a volunteer army for a reason.  When we go in and uncover just what he has been doing to his own people i will expect a full apology from our opposition and the peaceniks in this country. War is bad, yes but this something that has been a long time comeing, Saddam must go, this isn't going to be a war like WWII, or korea, it will be over in 2 weeks, this not another Vietnam this a War to protect our interrest, the people of Iraq want him gone but he has guns to their heads, and the People of Iraq do not have the Right to Free Protest as WE DO in America, Canada, England, or etc. This is a war for Independace, just like the won our forefathers fought for in the land our Fathers came to escape people like Saddam.

[rant over]

so......when's the next new episode of Enterprise, eh?

in total agreement. Blair said we would be willing to let him go into exile,even though this means him effectively getting off the hook, if it meant avoiding war.

There were simular divisions regarding one Adolf Hitler and look what happened to the French!!!!

If we had taken the same stance in WW 2, the french would have been goosed,but we didn't.Again the US and UK made a stand and were proved to be right.......and liberated the French while we were at it.

Iwould feel much better with a 2nd resolution though,despite the fact that morally we don't need one.

It is not just America's fight. The western( free) world has a resposibility to stand up and be counted and it's about time they did.

ABSOULTLY NOTHING

I agree with Bush being an idiot but not the whole 'Pearl Harbour' thing. It is more oil then it is anything. Sure there is are a SMALL AMOUNT of respectable reasons to go to war but not enough. The bigger threat is coming from North Korea and is growing in Iran. Those people have worse weapons then Iraq. We all need to sign a peace treaty. War will get us nowhere but dead.

Ok heres a solution a friend came up with in like grade 7 when all the serbian crap was going on...

u have a fight/war

u put in the leader of all representing groups, and whoever is left standing at the very end is the winner of the war.. y send MILLIONS of people to their death when its only betweenthe leaders... THEY should be the ones to die, NOT us, NOT our families and NOT our friendz...

think about it

-Lauren

It is more oil then it is anything. Sure there is are a SMALL AMOUNT of respectable reasons to go to war but not enough. The bigger threat is coming from North Korea and is growing in Iran. Those people have worse weapons then Iraq. We all need to sign a peace treaty. War will get us nowhere but dead.

The United States does not need to buy outside oil, We have so many resources in this country we don't need to import anything, th world has to do businees with us, we don't have to do business with the world, the oil thing is spin. Iraq is the key to Iran, North Korea isn't stupid enough to do anything, after Iraq , the N Koreans will back down. Further more the fact Russia aka The Former Soviet Union, and Communist China are not on our side is because the Iraqi weapons are Soviet weapons, and these countrys are making money off of weapons, and when Iraq falls they will be in the financial pisser, that is they're reason, nothing to do with the moral justifications of this war. Again, please look at the history leading up to WWII, a peace treaty will do nothing, it is Saddam Hussien, the same man who rapes, uses biological weapons on and kills his own people, and 12 years ago steam-rolled his way through Kuwait.

, NOT us, NOT our families and NOT our friendz...

think about it

it is a volunteer army.

Even tho they volenteer does it mean that they should die.. of course they knwo what their going into blah blah.. but its stupid.. whoever thought of war should have never been created...

-Laur

It is more oil then it is anything. Sure there is are a SMALL AMOUNT of respectable reasons to go to war but not enough. The bigger threat is coming from North Korea and is growing in Iran. Those people have worse weapons then Iraq. We all need to sign a peace treaty. War will get us nowhere but dead.

Again, please look at the history leading up to WWII, a peace treaty will do nothing, it is Saddam Hussien, the same man who rapes, uses biological weapons on and kills his own people, and 12 years ago steam-rolled his way through Kuwait.

Yes, I know the history leading up to WWII, and yes Saddam needs to be dealt with, but not in a violent way. I just think that Bush is going a bit too far. Oh, and most of the USA's oil comes from my beloved country of Canada, so they have to pay for it, but if the US was to seize Iraq, they could have all the free oil they could ever want. Also, this whole UN thing is to destroy weapons of mass destruction, it is not about regime change. That is not the purpose and if Bush does it, it will be unjustified. He will be literaly invading another country. Just my opinion.

y send MILLIONS of people to their death when its only betweenthe leaders... THEY should be the ones to die, NOT us, NOT our families and NOT our friendz...

ya, but Bush is a ex-drug addict weenie. He would get killed in a fight in two seconds. Lol. :D

Hes an Ex-Drug addict.. lol

my neighbour yelled at me when i said i hated bush.. cuz shes very godly and she says he goes to church all the time.. *eek*

meh.. poor poor america... didn't my prime minister call him an idiot..lol

-Lauren

my neighbour yelled at me when i said i hated bush.. cuz shes very godly and she says he goes to church all the time.. *eek*

-Lauren

well bush only goes to hurch all the time cause he was born in the bible states. hes not showing very Christian ideals. lol. and, no Jean Cretien didn't call him an idiot. it was one of his MPs. but Cretien is finally starting to stand up for Canada. he said that bush is going to far and it is getting out of hand. lol. yaaaay! go CANADA!

Ps. (notice how i didn't capitalize bush's name but i did for all the Canada related stuff. Bush doesn't deserve a capital. Lol.)

-Lauren

well bush only goes to hurch all the time cause he was born in the bible states. hes not showing very Christian ideals. lol. and, no Jean Cretien didn't call him an idiot. it was one of his MPs. but Cretien is finally starting to stand up for Canada. he said that bush is going to far and it is getting out of hand. lol. yaaaay! go CANADA!

Ps. (notice how i didn't capitalize bush's name but i did for all the Canada related stuff. Bush doesn't deserve a capital. Lol.)

bysty, you may have just gone to far, like him or not he is the president of The United States, but rember this:

here's two neat words from the dictionary:

libel n. 1. a. defamation by written or printed matter rather than by spoken word. b. the crime of publishing such matter

defame v.t. 1. a. to attack the good name or reputation of ; slander or libel.

His past is something he has openly talked about for a long time, everyone has dark moments in their life. That has nothing to do with the possible war with with Iraq, nothing. I suggest we let this theard slip away or stick to facts about the war.

ABSOULTLY NOTHING

I agree with Bush being an idiot but not the whole 'Pearl Harbour' thing. It is more oil then it is anything. Sure there is are a SMALL AMOUNT of respectable reasons to go to war but not enough. The bigger threat is coming from North Korea and is growing in Iran. Those people have worse weapons then Iraq. We all need to sign a peace treaty. War will get us nowhere but dead.

Sorry but i don't agree that it is about oil. If that was the case Tony Blair would not be willing to have a UN mandate drawn up to have the oil put in trust for the iraqi people so that no one can touch it , us included. I think it has more to do with Saddam's own utterences about his " nuclear mujahadin" to " defeat the enemy",said before any threat of war i might add. Also,when the weapons inspectors went back in last year they found 44 NEW CHEMICAL WEAPONS SITES that were not there in '98 when they left,which kinda blows the assertion that they don't have the money to produce WMD out of the water. The non proliferation treaty means member states promise not to sell, buy, seek to manufacture or control nuclear weapons. Iraq has been a member since 1969.

alright. sorry. ya i went a little overboard. lol.  :D

Hey don't apologise,we are all here to give our opinions and we don't have to necessarily agree. :D It's good to get some debate don't you think?

:D:D

President Bush may be the President oif the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA but were from CANADA and were only affented by what he says because were ur Sister Country.. we do not have to like him, we do not have to ackowledge him.. in fact my mom was watching his speech and i walke din the room changed the channel to much music or sumtin then walked out.. i hate him.. he never should have been elected and thats my OPINION..

we have our own leader to follow.. and quite frankly i hate him too.. their all lying dirrty peices of ****, politicians are stupid ..

MY OPINION!!!!

-Laur :D:wow:

here's two neat words from the dictionary:

libel n. 1. a. defamation by written or printed matter rather than by spoken word. b. the crime of publishing such matter

defame v.t. 1. a. to attack the good name or reputation of ; slander or libel.

His past is something he has openly talked about for a long time, everyone has dark moments in their life.

And this didn't apply for Clinton because...why?

Couldn't help myself...the conservatives still use Clinton as a diversion. :devil:

I have many problems with a potential war:

• People dying because someone tried to kill W's father some time ago

• The US trying to make half the damn world democracies - it doesn't work for everyone!

• Five relatives - one Army, two Navy, one Marine, one Air Force -- all on deployment or with orders for same

• The possibility of making a mockery of the UN. It needs more teeth. And a big bat.

• The conservative right getting their jollies playing war (and don't tell me they're not).

• The United States becoming the laughingstock of the world because we have an idiot cowboy in charge.

There's a lot more but these are my major issues.

Oh, and I didn't vote for W, I voted for the one who really won by over 500,000 votes and didn't have a brother who could (and did) keep minorities from voting/minority and Democratic votes from counting as governor of an important state.

Ok Bush is the BIGGEST idiot for doing what he is doing.. however i am gonna contradict myself big time here.. i believe war is NOT the answer but if we do not start first then in the end well end up being Dragged into it Just like Pearl Harbour.. if we do not start it we could also in the long run lose more innocent civilians.. and i feel horrible since i have so meny family members in the army/navy/air force *i have american family and they'd be first to go*

This whole situation is (I'm trying to say a bad word but can't)ty.. y can't we have a "Q" to make all this Stop!!

-Laur :D