Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Restaurant Closed After Dead Deer Found In Kitchen

Restaurant closed after dead deer found in kitchen

HAMBURG, N.Y. -Health officials shut down a suburban Buffalo restaurant after an inspector found employees butchering a dead deer inside the business. Erie County Health Department officials said they got a tip Friday about a dead deer in the China King restaurant in the town of Hamburg, just south of Buffalo.

An inspector soon arrived and saw the deer being butchered in the kitchen.

State health laws prohibit butchering an animal inside a restaurant.

Officials don't know whether the deer had been killed by a hunter or a vehicle. They said there was no indication the deer meat was served to any customers.

The message on the restaurant's answering machine Monday says it was closed because of "family emergencies."

:yahoo:

I'd like to know if this "restaurant" is part of a chain or if it's a Buffet place.

A series of chinese buffet places were fined in the Chicago area because they were underpaying their employees. We stopped going to them. If this place is similar

the employees may have been using the premises to carve up food for their families. If so it is illegal, but not surprising. And it could be a family emergency if a family member can't feed their family or loses their job over this incident imo

it's probably independent. most chinese resturants are sometimes family owned...that or their owned by the triads..

Yea TJ, a Chinese criminal organization is at the heart of most Chinese restaurants.... :yahoo: You've been playing too much GTA, get your head into the real world.

i haven't played GTA in 5 years....is there a reason your like this Psy? i mean i can't make one joke without getting my head chewed off by someone...

Edited by Troy

i haven't played GTA in 5 years....is there a reason your like this Psy? i mean i can't make one joke without getting my head chewed off by someone...

If you want to get your head chewed off I believe there is a Chinese restaurant in Buffalo that can make it happen.

why go to that one when i can go to the one across the street from my house. anyways lets get back on topic before this thread gets moved into Kronos

Venison is very tasty. My Dad and uncle used to hunt deer, including bow and arrow some years.

I suppose part of the concern is that the deer could have Lyme disease.

I did google and this restaurant is one of 6 of the same name in the Buffalo NY area.