Sign in to follow this  
Ian Wood

Halloween

Hello all. I was just curious as to how everyone plans to celebrate Halloween, if you do. I know we don't go trick or treating (At least I know I don't lol). I always have a friend that throw a costume party that I attend every year, it's a lot of fun. Anyways, Halloween is right around the corner!

I haven't "celebrated" it in quite a few years.

Several years ago I decided that it really does "celebrate" things that are contrary to my beliefs. As a kid we would trick or treat of course and it was all great fun, I just don't celebrate it anymore. The closest that I come to "celebrating" it is our Halloween banners that we used to use on the old board skin.

My wife gives out candy to trick-or-treaters at the door and she put up a few Halloween decorations but I usually ignore the whole thing.

I am going trick or treating with my youngest and my grandson. My second oldest turned 11 and informed me he was to old to go with Dad and would be going with his friends. :yucky:

I also do not celebrate Halloween due to my beliefs. My church is taking the children out roller skating, calling it a Hallelujah party, but no one is allowed to dress in costumes. I do not have to worry about trick or treaters because I live in a condo, our building front door is locked, and no one in our building has children. Though many do have grandchildren, they are usually with their parents on Halloween.

My wife gives out candy to trick-or-treaters at the door and she put up a few Halloween decorations but I usually ignore the whole thing.

I have a feeling that your wife has you go out on the front lawn to scare the kids...

At home we didn't do much, bought some candy but had no trick or treaters in our condo. Now we may have to eat it ourselves .... (cunning plan!)

At the Library I decorated the meeting room and told a rather scary story I wrote for Fright Night on Thursday. Another person told a great version of 'Mr. Fox' Kids got turns to read or tell their own scary stories. All week little kids came in for programs dressed in costumes. We had candy out at the desk yesterday. It was all great fun! I really enjoy Halloween.

Halloween this year I spent at my girlfriend's sisters house..It was good to meet them all and actually spend Halloween with people rather than home alone watching movies..The food they made was very good as well..

I have a feeling that your wife has you go out on the front lawn to scare the kids...

You got me. You're right. I go out on the lawn wearing a Matthew Swagger mask and it scares the living daylights out of all the kids....... :yahoo:

Halloween this year I spent at my girlfriend's sisters house..It was good to meet them all and actually spend Halloween with people rather than home alone watching movies..The food they made was very good as well..

Whooo....back up there. Do you have a real, actual girlfriend now? Go immediately to your log and dish out the details!..... :yahoo:

Whooo....back up there. Do you have a real, actual girlfriend now? Go immediately to your log and dish out the details!..... :yahoo:

:lol: Ok, I'll get to that..

Count me as another who doesn't celebrate. The origins of Halloween are not compatible with our beliefs.

For me it's just a cultural tradition - a time to give candy to kids. My church usually sponsors a "trunk or treat" where they have pony rides, face painting, a cake walk and people set up games like "bean back toss" in the back of their vehicle and then give the kids candy after they play. People do dress up in costumes - but masks are prohibited. I went so Isome family members who don't attend my church could bring their kids to a safe event. And I put out some orange candles for the month and candy corn on my desk at work.

I spent Halloween like any other Friday - I went to work - though some of us had a potluck and a pumpkin contest during work. My entrypost-16-1225570012.jpg

I did my usual decorate the yard and helped hand out candy to what little trick or treaters came. my friend shaggy came dressed as shaggy and i was velma again this year and we blared the scooby theme and greeted the kids as they came. it was fun. later i hit a haunted house and denny's while still in costume that was a lot of fun.

I wore all black, listened to Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson and drank red wine. Basically, it was like every other day.