Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Suit Against God Thrown Out Over Lack Of Address

By NATE JENKINS, AP

LINCOLN, Neb. -A judge has thrown out a Nebraska legislator's lawsuit against God, saying the Almighty wasn't properly served due to his unlisted home address. State Sen. Ernie Chambers filed the lawsuit last year seeking a permanent injunction against God.

He said God has made terroristic threats against the senator and his constituents in Omaha, inspired fear and caused "widespread death, destruction and terrorization of millions upon millions of the Earth's inhabitants."

Chambers has said he filed the lawsuit to make the point that everyone should have access to the courts regardless of whether they are rich or poor.

On Tuesday, however, Douglas County District Court Judge Marlon Polk ruled that under state law a plaintiff must have access to the defendant for a lawsuit to move forward.

"Given that this court finds that there can never be service effectuated on the named defendant this action will be dismissed with prejudice," Polk wrote.

Chambers, who graduated from law school but never took the bar exam, thinks he's found a hole in the judge's ruling.

"The court itself acknowledges the existence of God," Chambers said Wednesday. "A consequence of that acknowledgment is a recognition of God's omniscience."

Therefore, Chambers said, "Since God knows everything, God has notice of this lawsuit."

Chambers has 30 days to decide whether to appeal. He said he hasn't decided yet.

Chambers, who has served a record 38 years in the Nebraska Legislature, is not returning next year because of term limits. He skips morning prayers during the legislative session and often criticizes Christians.

:clap:

haha people have the craziest ideas, but i do like the point hes trying to make with it all

Sounds like he is taking Is 50:8 quite literally, He is near that justifieth me; who will contend with me? let us stand together: who is mine adversary? let him come near to me.

I take that to mean we all are invited to take God to task for any perceived injustice at His Hand and that seems what this guy is trying to do.

Job too wanted to face God personally for the afflictions he felt were unfairly leveled against him and God granted him is 'day in court' so to speak.

How would God rule in the matter? He (the plaintiff) would be Overruled by the Law. God's is a perfect Law over-which we have no defense, our sin cause us all to be 100% worthy of Gods wrath. <That was the lesson Job learned, that despite how upright he thought he was he was still guilty in light of the Law; he fell on his knees confessing his sin and unworthiness and was then granted Salvation by Forgiveness.