Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Star Trek Spending

Money Money Money  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How Much Money Have You Spent On Trek Stuff In A Single Year?

• Less than $100
    • $100
    • $200
    • $300
    • $400
    • $500 or More

I'm just curious, what is the most money you have spent on Star Trek related items in a single year? Just guess. This includes collectables, DVDs, video games, books, etc. Everything that has a Trek name on it. That I can think of, I have spent $650 on Trek stuff in a single year. It's not that hard to do since I bought DVDs and stuff like that

My Trek spending has been reduced significantly due to the fact that my basement is overflowing with Trek related items. These days I mostly just buy the dvds of the movies and the series. As for the most I've ever spent in a year, that would be about $1300. That was the year I bought a 1982 Sega Star Trek Arcade machine for $800 and I spent about $500 on misc. items.

I actually want to start getting rid of a lot of my Trek stuff just to free up some space.

Edited by Kor37

My Trek spending has been reduced significantly due to the fact that my basement is overflowing with Trek related items. These days I mostly just buy the dvds of the movies and the series. As for the most I've ever spent in a year, that would be about $1300. That was the year I bought a 1982 Sega Star Trek Arcade machine for $800 and I spent about $500 on misc. items.

I actually want to start getting rid of a lot of my Trek stuff just to free up some space.

Hey Kor37, let me know what you have, I may be interested in some things, if you're wanting to part with stuff.

Probably the most I've spent in one year is around $200 with that going mostly for DVDs and Hallmark ornaments. I get a lot of Star Trek items as gifts also.

I bought two of the overpriced Voyager box sets in the same year, which came out to about $250, and then there were a couple of other assorted items, so I rounded it to $300.

I bought the whole TNG series new on DVD a couple of years ago all ath once and that was way over $500.00 U.S. ....then I bought Voyager one year at a time and Enterprise.

I still have TNG on VHS from Columbia House ... LOL. I would wait for that tape to come in mail.... What a difference 15 years makes...

I don't usually spend much but I've spent about $100 making this Horta costume and then $80 for a picture with Leonard Nimoy at Phoenix Comicon so about $200 so far this year. I'm sure I'll buy something at the con when I'm there.

I used to spend a lot more on Trek "stuff" than I do now, but most of that was drinking at Quarks. Other than visiting The Experience I probably spent less than $200 total, and that's counting movies and popcorn. The only actual merchandise was The Undiscovered Country, First Contact, Spock vs Q, and a Ferengi School of Business bumper sticker.

Heck, the one convention I went to I didn't even pay for that. I snuck in while they were still getting organized. My dad wasn't as quick as I was and got ambushed by some guards dressed as Klingons demanding he pay full price. The most expensive items I bought that day were some nachos and a Coke that were even more expensive than the bumper sticker.

Depends on which year we are talking about.

When Conventions used to come to town, (last one 17 years ago) we'd spend at least $200 per con. Then we paid $100 per season on all the [live action] season sets - $2800+tax. Also upgraded all the movies to Special Editions DVDs. Since then the most we've spent was for our Vegas trip a few years ago, dropped at least a grand total for that one. Last coin we dropped on Trek was with Trek 09. Multiple screenings + BD release.