Anyone here play this game, or at least Guitar Hero?

In case you've been living under a **** rock for the past few years, MTV and Harmonix made a PlayStation 2 game called Guitar Hero where you press colored buttons on a toy guitar while flipping a paddle where you'd strum in sync with colored "notes" on the screen. They released one sequel, this time also on the Xbox 360, and then handed the project off to Activision, who released a second sequel (this one also made it to the Nintendo Wii), but MTV and Harmonix went on to make Rock Band, which adds a second guitar (the bassist), a drum set, and a microphone. The drums are also like a toy, but are a little more authentic than the guitar (well, a 4 piece electronic drum kit is about what it is) and a mic's a mic. The drum play is about the same as with the guitar, but the mic measures your tone and pitch as you sing and compares it to the chart, which draws lines showing how you should sing, and not just the words, but the syllables as well.

Anyway, I got my wife an Xbox 360 for her birthday and Rock Band a month or two later, and she loves it. Me... well, I kinda suck at it. I play songs on bass (which is much easier than regular guitar) on Medium (the second of four difficulties). Where my wife can sing on Expert, play Guitar on Hard, and play drums on Hard. But I dig it just the same. It's a great idea. And every week, Harmonix release new songs for it, which cost about $2 apiece. I think we have over 40 of them now, which means we've spent more than a brand-new 360 game on tracks for Rock Band - but we have some pretty good songs, too.

If anyone has an Xbox 360 and Rock Band and wants to play, our gamertags are "Dark Reality X" and "Silent Jo82", in both cases, sans quotes. We play after midnight Eastern time (after 9pm Pacific) and we'll play co-op or duel matches. My wife will give you a run for your money, but playing me will only boost your ego, heh heh. But neither of us quit/disconnect when we're falling behind or anything like that.

I have mixed feelings about games like this. On one hand, its great if it gets someone interested in learning to play an instrument. On the other hand, it shouldn't be used as a crutch or a substitute for learning a real instrument.

Glancing at it first, I didn't think it was going to be all that, but once I started it up I was so addicted lol