No, it isn't a show about hair - the title refers to fringe science.

It has elements of X-Files, a short lived series Strange World and is a little reminiscent of the short lived series Miracles. There are different unexplained occurences investigated each week by an FBI agent and her mad scientist associate while looking for a greater explanation for "The Pattern" of events.

It's not bad - anybody else watch?

I've been watching and enjoying it. This is one of only two new shows that I've had any interest in this season (the other being Life on Mars (US) which I think may suck compared to the brilliant UK original). I was especially interested in Fringe because its being helmed (or more accurately was created by) the team behind Star Trek (2009) as well as Transformers, and Lost (Abrams, Burk, Orci and Kurtzman). Jeff Pinkner(formerly of Lost) is the actual showrunner.

Last night's episode was easily the best so far (well, at least since the pilot) as it expanded the mythology and dealt with some of the perceived character flaws (i.e. Walter becoming a parody and not really having a reason for Peter to be there). However, I don't understand why the regular cast is as large as it is. They really only need Torv (Olivia), Noble (Walter), Jackson (Peter) and Reddick (Broyles). Everyone else (Mark Valley, Blair Brown, Jasika Nicole and Kirk Acevedo) really should all be recurring characters (especially Valley) with potential to become regulars. Of course, it may be an effort to hold onto those actors as long as possible.

UPDATE: Fringe has been given a full season order from FOX.