Sign in to follow this  
Essoq

Best Movie Villain

Which Star Trek Movie had the best Villain?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which Star Trek Movie had the best Villain?

• The Motion Picture (V'Ger is the villain in this I guess)
    • Wrath of Khan (Khan)
    • Search for Spock (Klingons)
    • Voyage Home (Um...the probe? The Whalers?)
    • The Final Frontier ("god", Sybok)
    • The Undiscovered Country (Klingons, The conspiracy guys)
    • Generations (Soran)
    • First Contact (Borg Queen)
    • Insurrection (hose ugly dudes)
    • Nemesis (Shinzon, the Remons)

There was that poll about the TNG movies. This is for ALL the movies!

It was a toss up between Khan and the Queen, but I'm a TNG girl.

Edited by Essoq

The Borg queen for me. First Contact is my fave movie, so the Borg queen is my fave villain :blink:

Mrs. Captain Picard

Kahn by far!!!

He had such a charismatic and eloquent quality about him. And his need for vengence was all consuming.

The Borg Queen comes in at a close second for me. I, too, loved First Contact.

I'd just like to add that the reason why the Borg Queen is my favorite is becuase she thinks she's not doing evil, but "enhancing" individuals and civilizations by adding them to the collective. All the other villians knew they were the bad guys and didn't care, but the Borg Queen acted as if she had justification to do what she does, and that makes her as dangerous as they come. :blink:

After a lot of thought, I voted for Khan. He was so completely consumed by the need for revenge.

The Borg Queen is also a good villain for all the reasons stated by CJLP above.

Stardate:213732.9

Also going with (as kirk would say)KKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bow: :blink:

The best movie villain for me is the Borg Queen. :borgqueen: But Shinzon comes in as a good second. :bow:

:blink:

Khan for me, ST II The Wrath Of Khan was (in my opinion) the best of all 10 movies so far.

I would also disagree with the statement that 1 & 4 didn't have villans. The villans in those movies aren't people but they are villans none the less, they were Veger in TMP and the Probe in TVH.

Khan is my choice. He is the consumate villain: intelligent, charismatic, but seif-important, and consumed with hatred and the quest for revenge. He never abandoned his " superman" complex, in my opinion. His actions not only led to his own destruciton, but also caused the deaths of those who blindly followed him.

VBG, I don't consider V'Ger and "the Whale Probe" to be villians from movies 1&4, becuase they were coming to Earth with good intentions. V'Ger wanted to return to Earth and meld with the creater, which it did in a manner of speaking. "The Probe" wanted to make contact with the Humpbacked Whales on Earth. The probe became peaceful, once Kirk and crew showed up from 1986 with a pair.

This is why I don't consider either to be villians, but merely the unkown.

Khan's the man!Khan Noonien Singh is the best Star Trek villain ever,bar none.And he's among the pantheon of all-time great sci-fi villains.Its too bad his mind was so focused on revenge in TWOK.Otherwise,he would have dusted Kirk and the Enter....wait,what am I saying! :laugh:

I liked the Son'a and want to find out more about them.Like,how did such a small group of outcasts conquor two civilizations and build a fleet of ships?Where exactly lies their territory on the galactic map?Which planet(s) are under their control?How significant are they militarily?Were all the Son'a reunited with the Baku?

It was a toss up between the "whale probe" and V'ger.I don't believe you 21st century humans understand how close your planet is going to come to getting scragged in the future.Ultimately,I chose V'ger.Just be glad that James T. Kirk will be there to save your descendents(because,I have to tell you that Earth's protectors from the 24th century are a far sight less capable than myself and my partner,or Gary Seven and Isis.....they are more like this century's "Beavis and Butthead").Hmph!

Edited by mr_tinkles

Kahn by far!!!

He had such a charismatic and eloquent quality about him. And his need for vengence was all consuming.

The Borg Queen comes in at a close second for me. I, too, loved First Contact.

I agree

I was thinking about choosing Khan. That is my favorite Star Trek movie. Nemesis was not the best Star Trek movie out there, but I think the villian from Nem was fabulous. There is no other villian that could "hurt" Picard so seriously. Picard is a man of great pride. To see another version of himself be so destructive is brilliant. To bad the rest of the movie wasn't brilliant.

MY VOTE: :borgqueen:

Click for Spoiler:

SHE IS SO EVIL, SEDUCTIVE, FREAKY, AND SHE LAID AN OLD, BUT HOT, BOT (GET IT?)!

SHE HAS MY VOTE! LOL!

:lol: :lol:

Spoiler added - some may be offended by sexual comment

Takara

Edited by Takara_Soong

I loved Commander Kruge (Christopher Lloyd) of Star Trek:The Search For Spock.Kruge was a throwback to TOS Klingons,and his fight to the death with Kirk at the end of the movie was the best hand-to-hand fight ever! :saintdevil: