Sign in to follow this  
Celtic_Swimmer

Favourite Character!!

How in the world do y'all choose? My LIST is Sisko, Dax, Kira, Garak, Dukat, Quark. (Not necessarily in that order...but I can't put them in order!) In fact, there's not a regular on DS9 I DON'T like. (I didn't like Bareil or Shikaar...some reason, the two of them really annoyed me.)

I only recently discovered DS9 on VHS at my local public library. So far my favorite characters are (in no particular order):

1. Odo.

2. Garak.

3. Jadzia.

4. Bashir.

5. Quark.

6. Gul Dukat.

i like all the main characters, they all had great things to bring to the show, and as my favorite show of the trek saga, TOS aside, enterprise running up now, i guess if i had to choose one i would have to go with cisco. he was a good strong leader, cared about his men, and women, tried his damndest to be a good father, and an all around good person. plus i always liked him anyway from SPENCER FOR HIRE. anyone remember that show, he was HAWK. great show, its a shame that spencer, robert urich, died. wake up, sorry for the babble so i choose cisco. :laugh:

Quark- i usually hate ferengi but geez hes a good character

Same - I had some issues with that for a while...

Quark's great, then Garak, then Dax, then Bashir, then Odo - but they're all my favourites, so...

but I think Quark's my overall favourite...except maybe Garak - see THAT'S the problem!!

I usually don't care for Ferengi either, but Quark and Rom do have their moments!

But if I had to pick one...hmmmmm... :o :laugh:

Uhhh...my brain just froze...

How *can* you pick just one?!

Stingray

Very hard to answer:

At the moment; Odo, Jadzia Dax, Kira Nerys, Miles O'Brien, Quark, Sisko, Garak, Bashir...

With every character there is an episode I can think of where you can empathise with a character, laugh with or at, cry, worry.....That is why it was such a great series.

This is extremely hard for me because DS9 is my favorite. I guess I would have to say O'Brien. I think I can relate to him the most.

I had always thought of Jadzia Dax as my favorite. But now I am not so sure. I have been downloading more and more of the DS9 Episodes lately, some I had seen but most I had not. Now I seem to have a new favorite after each episode that I see.... :laugh:

I had always thought of Jadzia Dax as my favorite.  But now I am not so sure.  I have been downloading more and more of the DS9 Episodes lately, some I had seen but most I had not.  Now I seem to have a new favorite after each episode that I see.... :laugh:

what, are you downloading from kazaa or somwhere else?

I have more than one favorite character on ST:DS9. They are as follows: Jadzia Dax, Kira Nerys,Odo,Worf,Ben Sisko,Quark and Rom. :innocent::laugh:

I had always thought of Jadzia Dax as my favorite.  But now I am not so sure.  I have been downloading more and more of the DS9 Episodes lately, some I had seen but most I had not.  Now I seem to have a new favorite after each episode that I see.... :andorian:

what, are you downloading from kazaa or somwhere else?

Yes, I am using Kazaa to get them.

Guest johny speed

my favs are Jadzia and Sisika.

They were all rather good, were they not?

I guess mine would be a pair. :idea: I like Odo and Quark and their very odd "friendship" that love/hate thing they had going on was really good. they were fun to watch.

I think it's a tie between Quark, and Garak for me....

I liked Odo better in the earlier series when he used his shapshifting more.

A tie between a bunch as usual...make that a tie between them all...no well actually, I think my top 3 favorite are Odo, Jadzai, and mr. O'Brien probably. That chnages about 3 times a day, but oh well

I can't believe that I hadn't posted in this thread yet.

It's hard for me to choose since there are so many good characters on DS9.

My top 3 are, in no particular order:

1) Kira Nerys - One of the best developed characters in all of Trek, and played by one of the strongest Trek actors ever. As I originally liked DS9 largely for the Bajoran/ Cardassian issues, and the disputes among Bajoran political leaders, her character really solidified my liking of the show early on.

2) Ben Sisko - What can I say? He's the man. :)

3) Miles O'Brien - He was my favorite TNG character. One that I thought wasn't used on TNG often enough, so I was ecstatic when I found out that he was the main crossover character. DS9 took what was great character already and added a lot more depth to him.

Morn....I don't something about Morn....

I also like Kira, Sisko, Nog and Martok. You gotta love Martok. One eye, fears his wife and enjoys one damn fine cup of Blood wine.

The strong point of DS9 is the characters...

That may be why I like this serie soooo much.

However, if I have to choose, I would take both Dax and Julian Bashir.

Julian Bashir is the character that has a real evolution in this serie.

And, my favorite bad guy is Dukat :-)

I have so many favorite characters of DS9, including the guest stars...I'll just name my top few...

Weyoun

Garak

Damar

Kira

Odo

Brunt

Quark

Ziyal

It's been a year and a half since this thread started and I still can't pick a favorite character. There is so much depth in all of them and I like them all for different reasons. Even Ezri developed into a good character by the end of season 7, I'd really liked to have seen more of her and learn more about her though.

Hmm it's so difficult to choose just one. I love Garak, Ezri, Sisko, Dukat... I can't choose! :laugh:

I like Worf. Its probably because he's one of the longest (if not the longest) serving Star Trek character out there, spanning 3 different eras - TOS movie 6(as Kirk's lawyer), TNG and DS9. I think Klingons are great characters.

I was watching LOTR some time ago and I was thinking what fun it would be is there was a Klingon in the movie, especially those great huge battles. It would be nice to see a Klingon replace Aragorn and a Vulcan replace Legolas. Hahaha.

Another character I like from DS9 is Nog. Well, he's young and he's also the only Ferrengi Fed. It would be nice to see him taking a major role in the next ST series - mebbe USS Titan as security officer or Chief engineer. I think there's great potential in developing Nog's character furthur. :laugh: