Sign in to follow this  
ddillard

Living Forever

The thread about Kai Opaka got me to thinking about the planet she got stuck on. How would you feel if something happened on earth where if we were to die we would be revived without any fear of death?

It would pretty much be a real world version of how I play video games. 'Oh, I fell to my death, best try it once more just in case', 'Hmm, that ended in an horrific death, maybe I'll walk around the bonfire next time'. I think a fear of death and injury is healthy and without it I think we'd lose appreciation for a lot of things.

It would pretty much be a real world version of how I play video games. 'Oh, I fell to my death, best try it once more just in case', 'Hmm, that ended in an horrific death, maybe I'll walk around the bonfire next time'. I think a fear of death and injury is healthy and without it I think we'd lose appreciation for a lot of things.

Although I would love to live forever I agree with you on this one. I also believe that it would lead to a breakdown in society as a whole. I believe that crime would rise to an unbelievable level, since there would not be the fear of death to try to hold it down. Also, if a person never had to worry about death then incarceration would be less of a fear as well since the person would know that they would just need to ride out the sentence and be returned to society.

The thread about Kai Opaka got me to thinking about the planet she got stuck on. How would you feel if something happened on earth where if we were to die we would be revived without any fear of death?

It would be a nightmare.

I wouldn't have a problem with it. :laugh:

I agree that society could devolve into a nightmare world of extreme everyone doing whatever they wanted with no consequences.

Kind of like driving in Chicagoland now with virtually no Police enforcement of traffic regulations :laugh:

It could be interesting, in the way that living through "Groundhog Day" would be interesting but I wouldn't want the entire planet to have that ability. Just me... and maybe one or 2 other people... :congrats: