Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Our new Member Map

After several years of being gone due to an upgrade of the board, the member map is back. Be sure to place your pin (but don't place it exactly on your home, just in or near your city).

Here's a link to it Member Map Or you can find it at the top right of the screen between the Live Chat link and Calendar link.

This is an example of where our visitors for the past couple of days are from (click image to enlarge):

post-1-1221718773.png

Here's a step by step on how to add your marker:

Step 1:

Click on the Member Map at the top of the browser and click the little icon at the top right of the map as shown here:

1.JPG

Step 2:

Click "My Marker"

2.JPG

Step 3:

Enter the name of the City and State or City and Country in the field highlighted and click Find

4.JPG

Step 4:

Click the link that appears under the text box, that will enter the correct coordinates into the proper place. Then click "Save my Marker" and that should set it correctly.

5.JPG

If you have trouble finding the correct coordinates just get it set someplace on the map, PM me and tell me the city and state that you want it in and I'll set it for you as soon as I can.

How do I add my marker? I tried twice, but I don't see it on the map. Does it take a while to show up?

How do I add my marker? I tried twice, but I don't see it on the map. Does it take a while to show up?

For some reason it added it off the coast of Africa. Scroll over there and click on it. Your bubble will open up, the text is the wrong color and I can't yet fix that but if you move your mouse pointer over the bubble you'll see the text show up. Click on the menu button (as seen in the pic below) and you should be able to get it to the right place.

edit.JPG

If you still can't edit it PM me and tell me the city and state and I'll get it to the right place for you.

Anyone that has trouble finding their marker, look off the west coast of Africa or just do as I mentioned above and click the little menu button at the top left of the map and from there you can click "Update Display" which will take you to your marker or you can simply type in your City and State or City and Country. Click find and it will give you a link below that. Click that link and it will enter the correct location for your pin. Click "Save My Marker" and you're all set.

edit.JPG

I can't figure out how to put the marker on the map. When I click on the link, all I get is the map with no directions on how to proceed.

I can't figure out how to put the marker on the map. When I click on the link, all I get is the map with no directions on how to proceed.

I edited the first post to include a step by step on how to do it. PM me if you have trouble and I'll help out.

Step 3:

Enter the name of the City and State or City and Country in the field highlighted and click Find

The screen I'm looking at asks for the latitude and longitude???

No mention of City ,State or country

Never mind......I figured it out!

Edited by Kor37

When I click on my marker, my avatar comes up but in order for my name to appear or my message to appear, I have to put the mouse on it. Why is that?

When I click on my marker, my avatar comes up but in order for my name to appear or my message to appear, I have to put the mouse on it. Why is that?

The maker of the map set the fonts to be the wrong color, I'm waiting for an asnwer on how to correct that. I figured that it was just a minor annoyance so I went ahead and made the map public.

I just found out that I can't add a message to my marker, because it'll disappear if I do. :superhappy: I wanted to add that the marker is on my favorite craft store, because it's like a second home. :whistling: