Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Survivor: Gabon

Well another season of Survivor will be here soon and I know there's a couple of people here that follow the show. So here's the Survivor thread.

This is the TV Guide Preview show. It's broken down into 7 parts:

Survivor is probably the best of the reality show lot. I've watched 3 or 4 of the seasons on a regular basis, completely missed a few seasons and caught a few episodes of the some other seasons.

Survivor is probably the best of the reality show lot. I've watched 3 or 4 of the seasons on a regular basis, completely missed a few seasons and caught a few episodes of the some other seasons.

It's the only one I watch. Of course it's the first of the Reality shows, everything else copied it.

I wonder if they will ever produce another Survivor all-star show? I enjoyed the 1st all-star show and after a half dozen more seasons it might be another ratings grabber.

I wonder if they will ever produce another Survivor all-star show? I enjoyed the 1st all-star show and after a half dozen more seasons it might be another ratings grabber.

I think they consider last season an "all star" show of sorts, so I doubt we'll see another one. I think Jeff Probst's contract is up after another 2 or 3 seasons and then the show will probably be done. It's been going for 8 years now (going on 9) and I'm not sure how much longer they'll be able to keep it going.

It's the only one I watch. Of course it's the first of the Reality shows, everything else copied it.

Actually most people credit COPS to be the first reality TV show of the genre as we know it today (although it technically dates back much further than that).

Actually most people credit COPS to be the first reality TV show of the genre as we know it today (although it technically dates back much further than that).

I could agree with that, I don't really put the 2 in the same category though. COPS is a real reality show. It's real life. Survivor, Big Brother, Gone Country and shows like that are game shows. So in the overall genre of "reality" shows, COPS is the first. But in the sub-genre of Game Shows Survivor would be the first there.

I've also heard those that credit MTV's 'The Real World' as the first reality TV show as well.

I've also heard those that credit MTV's 'The Real World' as the first reality TV show as well.

Going by dates COPS first aired in March of 1989, The Real World in May of 1992.

I've never seen "The Real World" so I have no idea what it's about. Is it a game show or just a show about people living together?

I could agree with that, I don't really put the 2 in the same category though. COPS is a real reality show. It's real life. Survivor, Big Brother, Gone Country and shows like that are game shows. So in the overall genre of "reality" shows, COPS is the first. But in the sub-genre of Game Shows Survivor would be the first there.

Edit: Nevermind...I've disproven myself. (I know disproven's not a word) Edited by Eratosthenes

Going by dates COPS first aired in March of 1989, The Real World in May of 1992.

I've never seen "The Real World" so I have no idea what it's about. Is it a game show or just a show about people living together?

'The Real World' is built around a simple premise: put seven strangers into a large apartment together and watch how they interact. Of course, with cameras trained on them 24 hours a day.

6123VQXEG3L._AA240_.jpg

Every season of The Real World, beginning with its fifth season, has included the assignment of a season-long group job or task to the housemates.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:The_Real_World_seasons

1204743797_3ed957251c.jpg

Of course everyone is in their late teens or early 20s.

the-real-world-denver.jpg

Big moments include sticking a Gay member in the same house with someone that hates Gays. Or someone that has a rural upbringing and says they don't trust Blacks in with a Black house member and whatnot. Also given their age they do and say immature things on a regular basis.

Well, Survivor started last night. It's hard to believe that these people that they bring in are still pretty stupid in who they pick to boot out. Boot #1 was just completely stupid, boot #2 should have been boot #1 and then maybe they wouldn't have had to go to Tirbal Council again that second time.

Idiots!