Sign in to follow this  
athena28

Star Trek: The Experience Vegas Return Rumored

:elephant:

I do wish we'd hear something new about The Return of the Experience. :clap:

I am not holding my breath for it's return, I was around in the 70's and early 80's when it was rumored that there would be a new network anchored by a Trek TV series starring the original actors. (didn't happen) I remember the dark days between the demise of the original series and Star Trek The Motion Picture, our only communication method was the U.S. Snail, telephones and fan conventions. We heard all kinds of rumors back then and a lot of them came from, fans fertile imaginations fueled by wishful thinking, the actors and the Roddenberry's. (Gene and the actors "misspoke" a lot)

The best thing to do would be to do things "old school" to encourage the return of The Experience, write letters they carry more weight figuratively and literally than just an e-mail. Hey folks a simple keystroke will print a letter just like a simple keystroke will send an e-mail, you just have to bother with getting a stamp and putting it on en envelope.

Rumors have abounded in fandom before some of you were born and they will never stop, founded or unfounded.

:elephant:

I do wish we'd hear something new about The Return of the Experience. :clap:

You are too nice, Indy.

More news on Star Trek: The Experience: http://www.inbusinesslasvegas.com/2008/11/...tml?star%20trek, staying in Las Vegas, but moving to Neonopolis mall at the end of Fremont Street.

The biggest draw could be the Star Trek Experience, which recently completed a decadelong run at the Las Vegas Hilton.

"The museum and the arts center will represent the past and the present and the Star Trek Experience will represent the future," Joshi said.

The Star Trek Experience will have five components and most elements could be completed next year, when a new Star Trek movie is scheduled for release. Just as the new movie will have some familiar characters in some unfamiliar roles, the Star Trek Experience will be similar but different from its predecessor and includes significant upgrades.

There will be a food and beverage component, which will include a restaurant and lounge and a retail area with merchandise from all incarnations of the Star Trek concept. Star Trek fans are incredibly loyal and if the latest movie sparks yet another generation of supporters, the retail element could be very successful.

A museum that explores the entire history of Star Trek is also planned.

There will also be a 4-D movie theater designed to be an interactive experience with high-tech seats that will stimulate the senses.

"They will recreate sights, sounds and smells and take your body traveling through space," Joshi said.

The final element will be simulators - rides that are two levels high in Neonopolis' center court.

Although the project seems ambitious, especially in a down economy, Joshi says he has the backers to pay for the project and also the go-ahead from CBS Pictures, which owns the licensing rights to Star Trek.

Edited by Len_A

It is very cool as long as you stay right on the few blocks that have been redone.

Problem is that the Monorail doesn't have a stop right at that location so you either have to walk there or take a taxi.

"The Deuce" - the double decker bus system Vegas has on the strip, goes to Fremont Street. If you're already staying in Vegas, especially on the strip, since the Deuce runs up and down both sides of the Strip, a pass for several says to a week is worth it, and it will take you to and from Fremont Street, and the Rio (which isn't right on the strip either).

It is very cool as long as you stay right on the few blocks that have been redone.

Problem is that the Monorail doesn't have a stop right at that location so you either have to walk there or take a taxi.

"The Deuce" - the double decker bus system Vegas has on the strip, goes to Fremont Street. If you're already staying in Vegas, especially on the strip, since the Deuce runs up and down both sides of the Strip, a pass for several says to a week is worth it, and it will take you to and from Fremont Street, and the Rio (which isn't right on the strip either).

I was only there for a few days but didn't see the double decker buses. Of course I wasn't looking for them either so they could have been right there and I just didn't notice lol.

Mandy, did you see any?

I have never been to Vegas, and my wife has said that she would want to go one day. This would give me a reason to go since I am not much of a gambler.