Sign in to follow this  
Shrek

[S] - "Extinction" air date 9/24

Episode No: 055

Original Air Date: 09.24.2003

Upcoming Air Date: 09.24.2003

Synopsis

Their ongoing quest for the Xindi leads the Enterprise crew to a tropical alien world where Archer, Reed and Hoshi are exposed to a highly contagious virus that transforms their bodies and minds into those of the long extinct alien inhabitants of the planet.

Here are a couple pics from Extinction

Archer:

Click for Spoiler:

320x240.jpg

Reed:

Click for Spoiler:

320x240.jpg

More plot details:

Click for Spoiler:

On a mission to investigate an abandoned Xindi vessel on a jungle planet, Archer, Reed and Hoshi succumb to a virus that mutates them into a primal life form.

Guest Cast:

Philip Boyd as Com Officer

Roger Cross as Tret

Daniel Dae Kim as Corporal Chang

Troy Mittleider as Palmer

Brian J. Williams as Alien Decon Agent

Creative Staff:

Director: LeVar Burton

Written By: Andre Bormanis

meh. better than i thought it would be. (i hate these changing species episodes). however, it still wasnt great.

Click for Spoiler:

i liked the whole lizard thing. but why did trip run to get the peaches from t'pol's quarters?? (i spaced on that one.)

7/10

Edited by poguemahone

All and all it was good Trek.

Click for Spoiler:

It did remind me a bit of TNG's "Identity Crisis". I would have rather they kept going on with the Xindi-Arc with last week's episode being so strong. Great acting this week as well. Enterprise grows stronger every week. I give it a 7/10.

Click for Spoiler:

Yeah, it was a little like Identity Crisis now that I think about it. Still I thought it was a good episode. Two things, the picture of Malcolm isn't Malcolm, it's the guy who was toasted in the opening and Trip ran for the peach because it still had traces of T'pol's saliva (DNA) which could be used in the anti-virus.

Overall...6/10. I only found the episode interesting near the end...

Click for Spoiler:

Ah yes...back to the jungle climates we go. They morphed pretty fast didn't they? If they hadn't introduced the genetic road map into the story and the automatic quest for "erquat" (incorrect spelling i'm sure)...then I probably would have just dozed off. This reminded me of the season one episode with the hunters! So it looked like at the beginning we might find answers to the Xindi...hopefully they salvaged the Xindi's landing pod like Archer originally commanded. Unfortunately, they left that result out of the ending! (did anyone else notice that?)

Hmm...Next week...sex slave....eerrr....

Hey Bysty!

Click for Spoiler:

Trip ran to T'pols quarters to pick up to get the peach which had her DNA on it because he had no way at the time to go to the planet safely to get it. Besides, this was faster! Especailly the way he ran. Edited by poguemahone

I was a little disappointed...it was just okay to me.

Click for Spoiler:

I guess I actually found myself thinking it was a little silly. They were standing and moving in such awkward ways - particularly Hoshi - ways that didn't seem consistent witht he city Archer dreamed about - everyone walking upright. Then final scene where Archer doesn't want to destroy the last remnant of their civilization was the most interesting part to me.

It was nice to see Roger Cross guest starring.

Awesome episode!

Click for Spoiler:

I thought it interresting how they almost instantly "morphed" into the alien species. My favorite scene was at the end where Archer asks Phlox to preserve the alien virus, the final remnants of the alien race. Awesome episode, right up there with TNG "Genesis". Edited by poguemahone

Click for Spoiler:

Well, I thought that it was noble of Archer to want to preserve the species, but in this day and age of biological weapons of mass destruction, it seems conceivable that his could also be used against the Xindi. At the end of the program the camera lingered on the container holding the virus. It suggests there is some future role for this virus.

Click for Spoiler:

Well, I thought that it was noble of Archer to want to preserve the species, but in this day and age of biological weapons of mass destruction, it seems conceivable that his could also be used against the Xindi. At the end of the program the camera lingered on the container holding the virus. It suggests there is some future role for this virus.

Stardate:213732.9

Click for Spoiler:

I thought the same thing.The episode was ok.Seen better and seen worse.They morphed a little too quickly for my tastes.One thing I noticed and maybe im being a bit picky but when Trip took off his shoes he wasnt wearing socks.Do they not wear socks anymore or what???

Overall I give the episode a 6/10

I wasn't really disappointed with this episode because I wasn't expecting much.

Click for Spoiler:

It was ok, nothing great, but nothing horrible too. There were some highlights including the flame throwers, about time another other race used something besides phasers. Also, it gave a couple of people the chance to act out of character so that's always cool to see, they all did a good job. Tucker in command was a nice touch, he seemed to handle it very well. The computer generated city was cool and the scene with the the shuttle searching with a spot light was a nice touch as well. It also got interesting near the end more so than at the beginning.

Overall considering the story-line (sort of done before) it was a good episode but as stated, I wasn't expecting much so I wasn't disappointed.

7/10

I was mildly pleased. Bakula, Park and Keating's work as mutated aliens sold it for me. I was really worried that it was going to be horrible so I was relieved. If "filler" eps during season one and two had been directed this well, ENT wouldn't have a problem. I like that Archer wanted to save the virus but if it turned out that he thinks about using it against the Xindi later on.......from a storyline perspective of course......wouldn't that be monstrously delicious? :bow: :blink: :bow:

Overnight ratings ticked up a little. Don't forget to write the four snail mail letters NEXT WEEK. Smallville premieres next week so it is VITALLY important that the big four are made aware that ENT's audience is here. Next week may make or break ENT as far as its sponsors and the idiot suits at UPN and Viacom are concerned. I'll repost the addys tomorrow as my on-line time at the library is limited. MY BROWSER DOESN'T WORK AT HOME!!! WAAAAAA!!!!!

I loved last nights eppisod and the City in Archers Dream that was cool and the best part of it was T'pol in her Pj's

Yes..the dream was cool. It was obvious, however, that the city would be abandoned in reality. Still a great concept.

I do find it strange though that the race trying to control the outbreak seemed to know about the city, but hadn't done anything to prevent entry into it....but I guess it didn't really matter. Also I don't see a point in them trying to control the species. I mean what was the value of the planet to them anyways?

I haven't watched the episode yet because I didn't have cable when it aired but thanks to Bit Torrents I was able to get the episode in about 10 minutes, so I will be watching it shortly.

Ok, I just finished watching. It was a good episode, not a favorite but a good one.

Click for Spoiler:

It reminded me of "Identity Crisis" too much though and that was never a favorite TNG of mine. The way they focus in on the virus at the very end makes me wonder if it will resurface later this season as a weapon of defense against the Xindi. I kind of doubt it will, but it's an interesting thought.

I liked this episode better than the one were T'Pol removes her top. This ENT episode was better than TNG's episode Genesis were the majority of the crew devolved. :laugh:

TNG episode was good too;it is one of my favorite episodes from that Star Trek series. :dude: