Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eratosthenes

Eratosthenes' Visual Endeavors

Okay, so you may or may not know that i enjoy certain things. That's a descriptive sentence, isn't it? Oh well, I'm so exhausted I'd be typing with my eyes closed if I didn't have to see the keyboard as a crutch. Anyhoo...

One of the things I enjoy is graphic design/animation/some form of art. I'll be updating this thread from time to time with my newest attempts.

Lasseter vs. Katzenberg

Click for Spoiler:

This is something I started over a month and a half ago (that I haven't worked on in a few weeks) that depicts John Lasseter and Jeremy Katzenberg going at it (or will). It's an animation that, while drawn on the computer, is done completely by hand. Absolutely ZERO special effects, 3D rendering, fade in/out, motion paths, or ANYTHING that would make this animation easy to create...lol. I'm doing it all by hand just to be able to say that I did (and when you screw up one frame and it throws off 50 frames after it by ten pixels or something...it's irksome).

John Lasseter is the Chief Creative Officer of PIXAR (and Disney Animation Studios) and Jeremy Katzenberg is the CEO of Dreamworks (and his name is the K in 'Dreamworks SKG'). Look them up on Wikipedia. The site does them both justice.

Below are some stills and preview videos:

(NOTE: SOUND COMES LAST! :blink: )

Preview vid 1: (most of this was cut)

Preview vid 2:

Preview Stills (higher quality and of unreleased scenes):

Numba 1

Numba 2

Numba 3

Numba 4

(Yes the freaking detail Is that high in the animation itself...and NO you can't see it in half of the scenes)

PixarPix.COM

Click for Spoiler:

Okay so this is probably a dead project, but I'll show you anyway...it's a comprehensive Pixar website I started making. As you can see the layout was complete and all it needed was new content. From another forum:

Okay this one's so new that it's not even online yet (or complete, for that matter), but I thought I'd share a few screencaps of it with you. Tell me what you think!

You're first greeted with the home page:

capfront1tx2.png

And from there you can easily navigate to, let's say, the 'Movies' section:

moviescapod6.jpg

or to the 'Shorts' section, perhaps?

capshortsny3.jpg

To give you an idea, here's an incomplete movie page, below. The sihouette at the top becomes colored in according to the movie you've accessed, and on the movie page and its subsections you'll be able to read the summary, all about every character in the film, trivia about the film, watch the trailers and clips that PIXAR has made public, see what goes on behind-the-scenes, read up and see examples of all of the relevant in-jokes in the film, and access extra media associated with it, such as wallpapers, the official website, games, et cetera!

wallecapkw8.jpg

Note that on all of the other movie and short pages the logo is bigger and the page looks less sparse. This was just to give you an idea.

The website will also, as you can see, have a few more sections, such as one devoted to facts about PIXAR and what goes on (and in-jokes they've made), and another that will be by far the most kid-friendly page on the website that's ALL media and fun stuff related to PIXAR, and then of course a contact me page (with more wordy legal disclosures as well.)

So, tell me, would you visit it? :P Be honest! :clap: Also, if you're one of the proud few that run Pixar Planet, would an affilitation be something you'd find acceptable?

I'm open to suggestions! Thank you!!! :dude:

EDIT: ARG I'm going to assasinate my keyboard. (Typos fixed.)

Submissions for T-Shirt Designs (recent ones):

Click for Spoiler:

post-1965-1219556313_thumb.jpg

post-1965-1219556355_thumb.png

Personal Website:

Click for Spoiler:

I'm still designing it (hence the placeholder text in it) but here it is thus far:

post-1965-1219556911_thumb.png

Alpine Dancers:

Click for Spoiler:

This Summer I was finally conned into dancing in an Alpine Dancing troupe, and have apparently improved rapidly over the few weeks I've been an actual member (my mother was already taking my siblings every monday to the kids version of it). Anyway, they have a website...that stinks. The absolute newest media is from 2003 and the website's basically a gray square. Finding this unacceptable for something with which I'm involved, I took it upon myself to redesign it and make it better (without asking). The bad version's still online at www.AlpineDancers.com.

Here's a screenshot of the old:

post-1965-1219557367_thumb.png

And the New:

post-1965-1219557404_thumb.png

(there's another version in the middle, but having rejected my own completely redesigned design, I actually redesigned the website twice.)

Go to YouTube.com/AlpineDancers for the corresponding video page I made (it's incomplete).

Star Trek Unline:

Click for Spoiler:

Yes, okay, I am making a fake STO game. It's just for stress relief and, even in its final form, probably won't be any more stimulating than that. :blink:

Here are a few graphics/screencaps:

post-1965-1219557827_thumb.png

Fairly Empty (so far) Menu

post-1965-1219558055_thumb.png

Turbolift doors make screen transitions between menus

post-1965-1219558081_thumb.png

The Weapons Test Menu (buttons will replace the text prompts)

post-1965-1219558109_thumb.png

More Stuff:

Click for Spoiler:

Well there's a LOT more, but I'm already boring you. Here's a single wallpaper I made today that I'm not yet happy with (this is a drastically reduced version...the big one's 4000x5000 pixels, lol)

post-1965-1219558463_thumb.png

SpaceTigger!

Click for Spoiler:

I thought I'd make a picture for SpaceTigger in honor of his re-adoption of his old name! :) I'm posting the full-size version here (4000x4000 pixels) and am going to send him a PM directing him here. :blink:. Thought it might brighten his day a bit, too (and it's big enough for him to put on a shirt or something, too).

(Click to enlarge.)

spacetigger1mergedandsmat5.th.png

See me elsewhere at:

www.brainchildcreations.net (set to be destroyed and replaced)

copernilleo.deviantart.com

kproductions.deviantart.com

www.youtube.com/copernilleo

www.youtube.com/AlpineDancers

and many other places......

MY HEAD IS CEASELESSLY LOLLING ABOUT!! I will upload more later, when I am actually alive. I really hope I don't have to retype this in the morning. What the check was I thinking starting this so late and already exhausted. I don't even want to look at the clock. I just looked at the clock. It took me an hour to make this post. Please for the love of god somebody respond to this. It's 1:15am and I have to be leaving at 7am. I am so tired. I love you. Nightynight.

Thanks, guys! It's nice to feel appreciated. :blink:

Here's something new I made today:

SpaceTigger!

Click for Spoiler:

I thought I'd make a picture for SpaceTigger in honor of his re-adoption of his old name! :blink: I'm posting the full-size version here (4000x4000 pixels) and am going to send him a PM directing him here. :blink:. Thought it might brighten his day a bit, too (and it's big enough for him to put on a shirt or something, too).

(Click to enlarge.)

Thanks, guys! It's nice to feel appreciated. :blink:

Here's something new I made today:

SpaceTigger!

Click for Spoiler:

I thought I'd make a picture for SpaceTigger in honor of his re-adoption of his old name! :clap: I'm posting the full-size version here (4000x4000 pixels) and am going to send him a PM directing him here. :blink:. Thought it might brighten his day a bit, too (and it's big enough for him to put on a shirt or something, too).

(Click to enlarge.)

Wow, that's great..Thanks..I'll be sure to use it.. :blink:

Awww I adore the SpaceTigger you made, Eratosthenes!!! :blink: Love all your other stuff as well, of course! ^^

Wow, that's great..Thanks..I'll be sure to use it.. :Hmmm...:

You're welcome!

Awww I adore the SpaceTigger you made, Eratosthenes!!! :Hmmm...: Love all your other stuff as well, of course! ^^

Thank you very much! There's more to come (when I have time!)