Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VaBeachGuy

Our Star Trek The Experience experience

The link does not work for me, but I clicked on reply I can see the picture. :superhappy:

I hope you two have fun!

Ah...duh....its you two. I thought you weren't going to Vegas til next year? At any rate, have a great time and keep the pics coming!

Thanks, we had a great time. Mandy is in the air right now headed home and I'm sitting at my gate waiting for my flight to board, the plane just got here in the middle of typing this sentence in fact (I'm using the Vegas airport's WiFi).

We got a lot of pictures and I took a lot of video (including inside the Klingon ride at the Experience). The video in the ride may not turn out all that great though because i had to sort of hide the fact that I was video taping (they don't allow it), it'll at least have the good audio and some video. We'll see how it turned out.

It's really a shame that the Experience is closing, most of the shops are already shut down, they only had about 4 T-Shirts in the whole place.

Anyway, my flight will be boarding soon and I gotta go.

Oh man that's really sad. I was hoping they'd go out with a bang...not a fizzle. I'm really really hoping they release an interactive DVD of the place. It's wouldn't have to be much...just have an HD video of entering The Experience, showing the life throughout the stores and such, and then putting you into a vitual (recorded) version of The Experience. I'd buy it the second it hit shelves.

Obviously I'm home too, this is the first chance I've had to get online since I got back. Robert took us out to lunch when I got back and then I fell asleep and only woke up about an hour ago. Guess I was more tired than I thought. I have a mess of pictures to upload still and then I'll add them to the gallery. :superhappy:

As you can see from the picture in this thread we went to the Experience this past week. It was awesome and it's really a shame to see them closing it down. The displays were great and the 2 rides were a lot of fun.

We went on the Klingon ride first, which was just after eating a really big breakfast with a lot of ice cold iced tea. So the motion initially got to me a little (which normally doesn't bother me at all). After that we went back around and did the Borg ride. That was pretty cool with the seats that "come alive" and blow wind at you and all that as well as being in 3D.

Then we got our pic taken on the Bridge and we had a few minutes to look around the bridge and sit in the other bridge chairs. It was pretty cool walking around the bridge.

We came back later in the evening and rode the Klingon ride the second time and ate at Quarks.

All in all it was a great experience at the Experience and I really hope they find a new home someplace. We took some pics of little signs that people wrote with well wishes and thoughts of sorrow at the closing.

People want this to be someplace, if it's not the Hilton then a new home needs to be found. Vegas seems like the perfect place for it but I don't know if it'll find a new home or not.

Hehe i just checked out the rest of them in the gallery..damn wish i could have been there with you 2..looks like you had a great time in vegas your soooo lucky :blink:

Hehe i just checked out the rest of them in the gallery..damn wish i could have been there with you 2..looks like you had a great time in vegas your soooo lucky :blink:

It was a blast, even the part on the first day when we got there and we walked around to the different hotels and I started getting cramps in my legs because of the heat (I was a little dehydrated) lol. Well, maybe I could have done without the cramps in my calves but it was all a blast.

Here's a short video from Wednesday the 20th when we were in the Circus Circus park. It's about 2 minutes... if you want to see the high quality footage just start t playing then click on the screen and it'll take you to YouTube, then just hit the link for high quality. The part with the Lion isn't in Circus Circus though, that's in the MGM Grand Hotel which we had to walk through to get to the Monorail. At the very end you can even see about 2 seconds of the Experience, which I'll post later.

I bet you both had a blast there..i know i would have :blink:

Cool vid HQ pic..your new HD cam i am guessing?....lol i would have been in there all day riding everything 10 times till the ST.E started :blink: .

I bet you both had a blast there..i know i would have :blink:

Cool vid HQ pic..your new HD cam i am guessing?....lol i would have been in there all day riding everything 10 times till the ST.E started :blink: .

Yeah, that's with the HD camera. Of course it's no longer "HD" once I have it uploaded to YouTube.

I don't think I'd want to stay at Circus Circus in the hotel but the Adventuredome was really fun and I'd like to go back and do it again. They also have good soft pretzles and cotton candy, don't they Mandy? :blink:

Whatever happened to that bag of cotton candy? :blink: I know I didn't finish it. :blink:

And yes, good pretzels :clap: :blink:

Whatever happened to that bag of cotton candy? :clap: I know I didn't finish it. :blink:

And yes, good pretzels :dude: :blink:

You left it for the maid as a tip... :blink:

Good pretzels with mustard I might add... lol

Circus Circus is pretty cool. Its one of the oldest hotels in Vegas now

We liked the Adverturedome but like you said, it's one of the oldest. Which means it's in an older section of town. I'd much rather stay more toward the middle of the strip like in NY NY or the Venetian or someplace like that.

We liked the Adverturedome but like you said, it's one of the oldest. Which means it's in an older section of town. I'd much rather stay more toward the middle of the strip like in NY NY or the Venetian or someplace like that.

Last time I went I stayed at the Bellagio. That place was awesome!

Last time I went I stayed at the Bellagio. That place was awesome!

I'm uploading the fountain show from the 20th now, I don't think I've seen the inside of that hotel but I'll look it up and check it out. I know this is kind of a "Touristy thing" to say but I'm really interested in the interesting themes like NYNY or the Venetian have. So if I go again in the future it would probably be at a themed hotel.

Did you check out the show in front of "Treasure Island"? Its probably the best show on the strip!

Did you check out the show in front of "Treasure Island"? Its probably the best show on the strip!

We were going to but there was so much to do and so little time that we didn't get to it.