Sign in to follow this  
Essoq

Data vs. Superman

If Data and Superman were in a knock down drag 'em out death match. Would win?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. If Data and Superman were in a knock down drag 'em out death match. Would win?

• Data
    • Superman
    • Tie

Remember, there's always Kryptonite. But wait, Data has that off switch. But wait, does Superman know where it is? Can Data get his hands on Kryptonite easily? Such a tough choice. :tear:

Sorry but I have to think Superman. Data could always use the Kryptonite but he'd have to have some to be able to use it. If he has none then what? But Superman can use the off switch at any time because it's always there.

Superman's power comes from his direct exposure to the energy coming from Earth's sun,a G-type star.If Data can get Supes away from that type of star,then Superman is as vulnerable and weak as any human.So,my answer is this:

Superman wins since he is aware of his limited abilities and would never fight Data away from the safety of a g-type star.

This kind of reminds me of "Stand By Me",when the fat kid Vern and the kid with the glasses Teddy argue over whether Superman or Mighty Mouse would win a fight. :tear:

Edited by admiralpeewee

Data would win! Heres why... if they were to fight, Data would have to be alive, thefore this fight would have to take place before Nemesis. Because Data had to die in Nemesis, he cannot be killed before it, and therfore he would win... well, I guess he could tie...

Oh, and will superman live forever, or does he have a lifespan?

Well, it seems to be that they both have super strength. Superman has the advantage of his "super strength" protecting anything within close proximity to his skin, thus the skin-tight outfit AKA tights.

Data has shown that he is capable of fast speeds, maybe as fast as Superman. Dount Data could run as fast as Superman, but he could move fast enough to defend himself.

Data could also have a piece of Kryptonite hidden in his arm or something. The problem is that Superman could use cold breath or laser eyes on Data. Would either of these effect Data since he has an exoskelloton?

I almost didn't post a reply.This question seemed a little silly.But,why not?We can't be such serious sentients all the time,eh?I say Superman wins.That guy can lift a building and squash a train with his hands.He can melt solid metal with his heatvision.He can freeze objects by blowing on them.Data wouldn't last a second.

The first truly cool question I have seen on this site!

Of course,Superman wins this!Duh,the guy could take out the Enterprise in a fight!

And that stuff about his powers being dependent on the sun is "old school" Superman.He is pretty much Superman all the time today,no matter where in the universe he is (with the exception of a few 'Elseworlds' books).Of course,the radiation of red suns,and kryptonite still hurt him.But I doubt kryptonite exists in the TNG universe.Even if it did,Superman still wins.He can keep far enough away from Data to not be seriously stricken ill and vaporize Mr.Roboto with heat vision,or simply hurl a massive object at him (like an asteroid!).

Nobody beats Superman.Ever. :tear:

Being both a comic book enthuist and a trek fan I would have to say The Man of Steel....by that I mean Superman. I will say this....for some reason I think Kirk can out smart Superman in a battle. I don't have any logic to back me up, it's just a gut feeling.

Superman's power comes from his direct exposure to the energy coming from Earth's sun,a G-type star.If Data can get Supes away from that type of star,then Superman is as vulnerable and weak as any human.

That would take forever..supes is keen on that now after "dying and coming back " as soon as it was discoverd that Data was robotic..game over. Data would put up a fight, but when a speeding man comes at you from nowhere you are done.

Stardate:213712.9

Even though I love Data Im gonna have to say Superman.I think they are pretty much even on strength and speed.Data is probably smarter.but i think thats the only advantage Data has.Superman has all those abilites.But i think the main thing that would decide this fight is the one thing Superman has that Data cant do a damn thing about.He can FLY!So i say Superman in 9 rounds

Even though I think Data is great :tear: I would have to go for Superman on this one, ok Data has the strength the quick brain etc but he's not as fast as Superman and with those laser eyes of his,he would prob do more harm to Data, unless he had some Kryptonite in his pocket.

Well, I really like Data so much but I also have to go with Superman here :huh:

I mean, he can fly, he has the better chances of shooting Data with his laser eyes... *sigh*

So I have to pick Superman :tear:

Mrs. Captain Picard

Silly question.But I'm game.Okay,I say Superman wins this easily.So many bad guys have tried the old kryptonite trick,that Superman knows many ways around it by now.

I always wondered why Lex Luthor never fashioned bullets out of kryptonite and simply shot old Supes.

I Believe that Data would figure out to use some sort of intense red light beam or do somehing like put some kryptonite in place of a phasers focusing lens and defeat superman i mean in star trek the only people that can die are nameless extra's right.....

I'm sorry Data [and fans] but I dont see data having a chance here. Based on feats of super strenth I've seen both of these characters do, SM would mop up the floor with him. :thumbs:

im going to have to agree. Superman is like the flash. Data can't process or predict where he'd be to attack him all the time. so thus my theroy, data would have to have some sort of avanced techlogoy installed into to dodge superman's attacks. now as for strenght, Data is on his own.

Data would kick his *buttocks*. he is way stronger, than superman. super man can only do them things because of earths low gravity.

but he's not faster like superman

Actually Data is pretty darn fast. We've never been shown it in footspeed but his handspeed has been demonstrated a number of times like in Hero Worship.

I'd have to say Superman even tough I adore Data... Data has the offswitch and everything so I think he wouldnt be able to win :-/ But Data is still pretty strong and fast.. Now I don't know what to think lol

Guest Mike_Hines01

I have to agree with all the Superman people on this one. Though I do think Data would last a lot longer than some of the people that Superman has come up against.