The Olympics

The Olympics  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you actually watch?

• Yes
    • Sometimes
    • No
    • Other

I haven't really sat and watched the Olympics since the 1984 Summer Olympics in LA. I remember watching 1972 and 76 and then the 1980 Winter Olympics with the US Hockey team which was awesome.

Yes, as often as possible. I'm watching them now!

Yeah, I've been watching some. Michael Phelps and Dara Torres are exciting to watch. The Chinese gymnastics team seems phenomenal.

No, the coverage from NBC needs vast improvements for the west coast.

Yes, I watch a lot of Olympics on different channels. So far I've watched dressage, soccer, men's beach volleyball (Latvia beating the US :D ), gymnastics, basketball, women's volleyball, and boxing. Beyond getting to see, in a couple weeks, a number of sports you don't ususally see covered, you also see people from countries around the world including many you don't often see. I think it shows that we are one world with talented individuals. And it's fun, when we don't get overly nationalistic and simply root for our own team exclusively.

I have the tv on in the background as I'm doing other things around the house. I don't pay close attention to most of the events but I do watch some of them.

I don't have cable so I don't actually tv at all - it's dvds or whatever is available online.

Same here.

Well, actually, a while back one of my hamsters escaped from her cage, got round to the back of my cupboard and chewed my aerial. I've never bothered to get it fixed. Nobody watches TV downstairs because of the stupid collection of channels we have. No SCI-FI channels or anything I like.

I'd rather Youtube, read books or meditate.

Of those who do watch them, do you have favorites?

My favorites are the more obscure, (some would call them weird) sports. Archery, Fencing and the like; things not regularly shown on TV.

I like the swimming events and diving (they've had synchronized diving on, which is really fun), water polo, gymnastics and beach volleyball.

I usually watch a fair amount. CBC (who did the coverage up until Beijing and lost the rights to any beyond that) did an excellent job. I enjoy winter more than summer by far. I'm really looking forward to next year's in Vancouver (Own the Podium 2010!).