Sign in to follow this  
KIMIMELA

My friend Lorraine

My friend Rickie-Alan has a sister called Lorraine.

I have babysitted for her little daughter as she is a single mum.

About 6 months ago she was rushed into hospital with what the doctors thought was an asthma attack. Lorraine, her brother or the family have never had asthma before. She was kept in for 3 days.

Then, suddenly, out- of- the- blue, she was rushed into hospital again about a month ago and was taken into Intensive Care. She had lots of tests and the doctors said she has a life-threatening condition and she had 2 operations to help her.

She hasn't been able to breathe without the equipment for up to 3 weeks and doctors fear she only has 30% she will pull through.

Lorraine died around 8pm GMT time last night.

Her daughter, Amy, has just learnt to crawl and is learning to speak her first word. She's without a father and a mother.

Lorraine's brother and Amy's Uncle Rickie-Alan is going to look after her full time.

Thank you guys  :superhappy:

You know, as strange as it may seem, I'm not as sad about it as I thought. I've got too much compassion for her brother and her daughter than to feel upset. 

I just feel like somone has shoved a huge gobstopper in my mouth.

Although, I think it's nice that Rickie-Alan is going to have his niece, because him and Lorraine grew up without knowing their parents, and little Amy doesn't know her dad so it's like the only chance for both of them to have family.

I move back to University in 3 weeks time so I wont be around to help him but if I have a free weekend I will help them out and give Amy the life she'll never have with her parents :whistling: .

Rickie wants her to call him "Daddy", when she can talk.

I am going to stay strong for them both. I've got to, right?

Bless her soul.

There usually is asense of peace when someone who is ill passes, cause there is no asuffering anymore. There always is saddness, I'll send a prayer up for your friend, and those, including you who are left behind

I'm very sorry for your loss, Cara. My thoughts are with you and your friend.

Lorraine, apparently, only had mild asthma. But with them not having the medical history they kept her in hospital over night. And she caught a bug. Every time she went in hospital, she got worse, results show. The operation removed it. She went back onto the infected ward and got it back.

Thinking she was OK, they took her off the ventilator, she was OK for the afternoon Rickie-Alan and Amy went to see her.

She died as Rickie-Alan was leaving with Amy.

They thought, at one point, he was responsible. Somehow.

English hospitals. You go in healthy, come out ill.

:b-day:

Lorraine, apparently, only had mild asthma. But with them not having the medical history they kept her in hospital over night. And she caught a bug. Every time she went in hospital, she got worse, results show. The operation removed it. She went back onto the infected ward and got it back. Thinking she was OK, they took her off the ventilator, she was OK for the afternoon Rickie-Alan and Amy went to see her. She died as Rickie-Alan was leaving with Amy. They thought, at one point, he was responsible. Somehow. English hospitals. You go in healthy, come out ill.

sickening.

Little Amy is 2 next month! She's doing fantastic, toddling around the place. She's learnt how to eat mobile phone, switch the tv off, hide in the laundry pile and throw food. I hate to think what she'll be up to next!

Her favourite sayings:

"Bye bye bye bye going away."

"Amy no TV now." *Presses the tv button*

"No food!" *Throws on floor*

I'm not used to two year olds, they aren't troublesome are they?

Bummer.

Note to Roy, don't go there...

Look, I know I tend to joke around a lot on this site, but I know from firsthand experience what someone goes through in a personal tragedy like this - and I am insulted at your accusation that I would "go there" when responding to a topic that is this tragic in nature.

Bummer.

Note to Roy, don't go there...

Look, I know I tend to joke around a lot on this site, but I know from firsthand experience what someone goes through in a personal tragedy like this - and I am insulted at your accusation that I would "go there" when responding to a topic that is this tragic in nature.

I never got the joke and I personally wouldn't have minded really :) It'd make Lorraine laugh :laugh::dude: