Sign in to follow this  
xenexian

Mirror universe Borg

I've always been intrigued by the Mirror universe storyline, even more so after their re-introduction on DS9. In that universe, the Federation, or Terran Empire, were the bad guys ala Romulan and Klingon, until they united to defeat them. In some books that i have read, the Terran empire rose from the ashes of the first Romulan war which earth lost. After ten years of occupation, earth rose up against their Romulan oppressors and, to prevent being conquered again, became the scourge of the galaxy by becoming even more ruthless than the Romulans. At least until they again were overthrown by the aforementioned alliance. But what would the mirror universe Borg be like? Instead of having another movie with the usual cast of villians why not have this universe invaded by the counterparts? Think of the intrigue when you don't know if the person across from you could be from the Mirror side? And if the Borg are the evil guys of this universe, would they be the saviors on the other side? DS9 has already showed that a transporter can be altered to achieve the crossing of dimensions so a story line could be had. Can you imagine having to contact the Mirror universe Borg to come save this universe? This is all speculation and farfetched at that but it's fun to think about. Let's keep that mirror universe crossing open.

I can't imagine the Borg being good guys in any universe. How would someone become a Borg - voluntary assimilation?

I don't know about "Mirror Borg" but the idea of using the Mirror universe for the next movie is pretty interesting. And hey Data could still be alive! :bow:

I don't know about "Mirror Borg" but the idea of using the Mirror universe for the next movie is pretty interesting. And hey Data could still be alive! :bow:

But would Data be Lore and vice versa in a mirror universe!

Probably... They could always erase the 'bad Data' and replace it with the 'good Data' from B4.

And consider this. Since we are talking abouyt the mirror universe Borg, who said that they would be assimilating anything other than their own? They could be completely unlike this universes. They could be more of a cyborg race that still re-produces the old fashioned way and their assimilation process could be done only on their own kind. Remember, in the mirror universe all things that we are familiar with are never what they seem. Who could have believed that when the story was first established that our venerable Captain Kirk would be the bloodthirsty, power hungry assassin he is there? Or that the Klingons would be a liberating force? Again this is all and nothing more than speculation and will probably never see the light of day but it's interesting to think about.

In First Contact the Borg Queen said the Borg used to be like humans in that they were organic. They "improved" themselves by adding the synthetic part. We really have no idea when this occurred. A mirror universe Borg could be a very human-like society that "assimilated" other societies much the same way people have been forced to assimilate throughout Earth history - the convert and follow our beliefs or die type of assimalation. They may have assimilated many cultures this way before introducing the synthetic part and the assimilation techniques we have seen. The Borg Queen herself was from Species 125 so whether she was the one who introduced the synthetic or not is unknown.

I don't know about "Mirror Borg" but the idea of using the Mirror universe for the next movie is pretty interesting. And hey Data could still be alive!

Would B4, Lore, and Data even exist in the Mirror Universe??

And I think the Borg would be the same No matter what universe they're in

I can't imagine the Borg being good guys in any universe.  How would someone become a Borg - voluntary assimilation?

Maybe they arn't anything like we know the borg to be. They may be a peaceful race that has tons of technology and briefly experimented with cyborgs before recovering form near disaster.

I don't know about "Mirror Borg" but the idea of using the Mirror universe for the next movie is pretty interesting. And hey Data could still be alive! :wow:

He's still alive in this universe too, for your information B) (to the tune of la cucaracha: I am in denial! I am in denial!)