Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I see you went to the Luxor, did you stay there? I've always thought that was a cool looking hotel.

The Lux is lovely! I've stayed there before but only stayed for two nights this year. We were on a sort of road trip holiday with a few nights in each place. Started in Vegas, then we went to Santa Barbara, San Fransisco, Monteray (via Hurst Castle), Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, then back to Vegas for four nights in the Venetian - which imo is the best hotel on the strip, the rooms are massive. The Luxor has got so much character and whenever I've been to Vegas I've always stayed there before, but it is starting to look a little old inside (compared to other hotels), and it has just been taken over by the MGM group, which is why they are spending a heck load of money doing it up at the moment - so it should be back to its former glory soon, although apparantly with less of an egyptian theme inside.

For any film fans out there, the third picture down (of the Tides) is the setting of a particularly classic film from the 60's, and one of my favs. I'll give three points to anyone who can guess the film!

I see you went to the Luxor, did you stay there? I've always thought that was a cool looking hotel.

The Lux is lovely! I've stayed there before but only stayed for two nights this year. We were on a sort of road trip holiday with a few nights in each place. Started in Vegas, then we went to Santa Barbara, San Fransisco, Monteray (via Hurst Castle), Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, then back to Vegas for four nights in the Venetian - which imo is the best hotel on the strip, the rooms are massive. The Luxor has got so much character and whenever I've been to Vegas I've always stayed there before, but it is starting to look a little old inside (compared to other hotels), and it has just been taken over by the MGM group, which is why they are spending a heck load of money doing it up at the moment - so it should be back to its former glory soon, although apparantly with less of an egyptian theme inside.

For any film fans out there, the third picture down (of the Tides) is the setting of a particularly classic film from the 60's, and one of my favs. I'll give three points to anyone who can guess the film!

The Venetian looks incredible! One day I'll go out there to Vegas and stay there... maybe next year :blink: I'll have to see how things go next year.

Sounds like a great vacation, did you get to the Experience since it's closing in a few weeks?